Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348058 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8490 on: November 10, 2010, 01:14:28 pm »

Today, with this huge convention in town, was like a horror movie where everyone in the world forgets how waiting in line works.

That actually sounds cool. A series of horror movies where people can't do one simple thing and society falls apart.
Hey Doc, try one of these.

Also slightly NSFW

Dude, now I'm hungry.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8491 on: November 10, 2010, 01:36:38 pm »


I never thought I would be the "I'm doing my fuck*ng JOB while these JACKOFFS are screwing around, what in the HELL is their problem, I'm THROUGH covering THEIR ASSES *keels over dead*" guy.


Why not? This doesn't surprise me at all.

Me, either. That is exactly the guy I would expect you to be.

That is the guy I always am, except in girl form, so I mean this as a compliment. Any and all non-complimentary usage is unauthorized.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8492 on: November 10, 2010, 02:10:24 pm »

I'm totally that guy too, and slightly over 6mnths ago, I started a job where almost everybody is that guy, which is pretty rad.  It is nice to work in a place where people don't slack off and make it your problem.

Odd juxtapose though:  the office sink is often full to the brim with filthy unwashed dishes that unseen people seem to deposit there to await the magical dish-washing fairy.  I never add anything to the pile, but indeed, over time someone inevitably caves and washes them, and that the person isn't me is also the sign of a healthy amount of coworkers who give a shit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8493 on: November 10, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »

I'm totally that guy too, and slightly over 6mnths ago, I started a job where almost everybody is that guy, which is pretty rad.  It is nice to work in a place where people don't slack off and make it your problem.

Whoa, where is this, are they hiring?

We had the dishwashing problem at the zoo all the time, even at Reptiles where people really didn't slack off. My guess is that the people did the same thing at home, that dishes aren't psychologically part of work in some way. This means they're not only not subject to the same work habits but no one is thinking about how it's not just me and my one dish, it's a much larger number of people.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8494 on: November 10, 2010, 02:58:39 pm »

I'm glad I never have to deal with the dishwashing thing.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8495 on: November 10, 2010, 03:26:40 pm »

the reason I did not expect myself to be this guy is that I think that I am really lazy.

but I guess I'm not lazy in the "I continue having a stupid conversation with my coworker, when there is a huge line of people staring at me waiting for me to help them" way.

in some weird way it makes me even madder because I feel like they are playing right into horrible stereotypes. And are solidifying these stereotypes in my head.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8496 on: November 10, 2010, 03:41:20 pm »

one donut-cock

That reminds me of an old joke.  One donut cock could be a euphemism for a small dick, which in the context of this conversation would be the perfect insult for that guy in the office that who turns into a nazi about a bunch of little shit.  Do y'all know the joke I am referring to or do I need to retell it?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8497 on: November 10, 2010, 04:19:48 pm »

(T)he "I continue having a stupid conversation with my coworker, when there is a huge line of people staring at me waiting for me to help them" way.

That was part of the training protocol at some of the places I worked.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8498 on: November 10, 2010, 04:27:58 pm »

I really just want to say "STOP JUSTIFYING/REINFORCING RACISM, PEOPLE. COME ON."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8499 on: November 10, 2010, 04:52:30 pm »

Today I'm gonna get a renewal notice for Assetbar and for the first time, momentarily consider whether I shouldn't renew, and then go to the site and see there have been two updates since the last strip.

Oh well, I guess we already knew that I am in this dysfunctional relationship for the long haul.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8500 on: November 10, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »

hey jaydub what's up with those "free gift links" posts from you on facebook?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8501 on: November 10, 2010, 06:12:53 pm »

They're for Mafia Wars - if you're not a player just ignore them.
I'll try to figure out a way to not have them appear to people not on my team, but Facebook's friend list logic doesn't appear to have boolean NOT figured out.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8502 on: November 10, 2010, 07:28:33 pm »

I am worried, because my email was somehow compromised yesterday, and then it sent out a ton of spam, and then I changed my password, and then I got another notification from Gmail saying that my email has been compromised. What do I do here?
Change the password using another computer and run some anti-spyware stuff on yours.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8503 on: November 10, 2010, 07:32:06 pm »

OK, I am foolish. For some reason google kept giving me the same alert-- now I looked at the "details" and my account was accessed twice, both times before I changed my password the first time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8504 on: November 10, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »

I really just want to say "STOP JUSTIFYING/REINFORCING RACISM, PEOPLE. COME ON."
What does it have to do with race? The whities I work with do the same from time to time.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 565 566 [567] 568 569 ... 878   Go Up