Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348080 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8520 on: November 12, 2010, 06:03:28 am »

to be fair i wouldn't call much that best buy does "working"
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8521 on: November 12, 2010, 02:29:12 pm »

the layout of our registers is weird, and it is conducive to weird situations like this happening I think. all of the customers are in one big line which feeds into a line of registers-- when the cashier is ready he waves you over. This leads to major confusion, anger, etc. When people get what is going on it goes really fast, though, because you are never in the "wrong" line. I do not understand why we don't have a sign that says "wait here for your cashier to wave you over."

Single line!  Brilliant!  I wish more stores did this.  Hell, I wish McDonald's did this.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8522 on: November 12, 2010, 02:46:05 pm »

The only problem with it is that stupid people bottleneck it.

Today I am going to go home from work!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8523 on: November 12, 2010, 05:16:58 pm »

Have a safe flight.  Or dogsled ride.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8524 on: November 12, 2010, 05:27:35 pm »

dogsled jokes? i thought better of you, and will have nunavut.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8525 on: November 12, 2010, 09:21:04 pm »

to do

(fall quarter is over the week after thanksgiving)


visual design theory

    * x submit 3 weeks worth of labs/projects
    * decide what to do for final project and get started

composition II

    * write 5 journal entries by next thursday
    * start final paper

animation II

    * finish last weeks lab, edit it(titles, credits, music/sounds), and submit it
    * storyboards for final project are due next friday
    * it would serve me to have the final animation done by then because it takes 3ds max forever to render and if the modeling/textures/backgrounds/etc are really complex, it takes even longer
    * i have to write a 2+ page paper as part of the final project that explains all the principles of animation and how i used them, therein.

last, but not least, die.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8526 on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:37 am »

School sucks but it beats workin'.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8527 on: November 13, 2010, 04:17:54 am »

hell yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8528 on: November 13, 2010, 04:16:08 pm »

Something about a real shovel job, kinda grinds it into your soul a little extra.

i had six tough-job years but i didnt mind.  doing work makes me feel good and i like using my hands.  the only thing i mind is having to be chained to the assembly line until i die just to get by.  the degree is basically to trick people into thinking i can wear a different hat besides the one that says, 'im stupid, but i can lift heavy things and i do what im told."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:44:43 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8529 on: November 13, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

I dunno, Ash, at least some shovelling and scrubbing and bale-toting jobs, you're contributing to a goal or a finished product that's worthwhile or at least you've accomplished a nice clean floor or a big pile of rocks by the end of the day. It's hard to get anything like that out of spending the day selling stuff to people, especially when many of them are crazy and/or treat you like shit. I'm actually glad I didn't do it when I was young, but if the idea is that being demoralized is going to inspire someone to make damn sure they do better in life, I can't think of a better way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8530 on: November 13, 2010, 05:32:02 pm »

yeah, I would love a job where I felt like I was accomplishing something. even a little. but this job could be a lot more demoralizing. I initially thought I was going to like it a lot more than I do, and then when I first started working it made me incredibly upset and unhappy. At this point... whatever. It's fine. I like (most) of my coworkers, and actually most people I interact with are fine. I am just oversensitive to the rotten few.

Yesterday I had a customer who reminded me of Paul for some reason. Except he was covered in tattoos. He was really really friendly. He had a tattoo on his arm that said "FRIENDSHIP" but most of them were classic tattoos-- big Texas flag, heart, skull, sexy lady.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8531 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:02 pm »

This is where daughter Lucy is hoping to transfer for the Spring semester.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8532 on: November 13, 2010, 08:48:57 pm »

This is where daughter Lucy is hoping to transfer for the Spring semester.

because of basketball?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8533 on: November 13, 2010, 09:13:39 pm »

because of basketball?

No.  However, to a certain extent, everything has something to do with college basketball around here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8534 on: November 13, 2010, 09:21:27 pm »

Today I;m gonna chill the fuck out. Also, see Built to Spill.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 878   Go Up