Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350011 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8550 on: November 15, 2010, 06:36:55 pm »

Did I ever show you this?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8551 on: November 15, 2010, 06:42:56 pm »

Did I ever show you this?

The saddest thing: There is a Flickr group for lard, and it only has fourteen members.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8552 on: November 15, 2010, 06:43:36 pm »

my Latin teacher used to say that the South would "rise again" when they found a way to put the cholesterol medicine right into the lard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8553 on: November 15, 2010, 08:06:08 pm »

my Latin teacher used to say that the South would "rise again" when they found a way to put the cholesterol medicine right into the lard.

You don't say!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8554 on: November 15, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »

The saddest thing: There is a Flickr group for lard, and it only has fourteen members.

There used to be more, but their fingers are too fat to type now.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8555 on: November 15, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »

The saddest thing: There is a Flickr group for lard, and it only has fourteen members.
And its admin spends time searching for new photos.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8556 on: November 15, 2010, 09:36:52 pm »

So I went to the Built to Spill show.

So they do their set, and then the traditional chant/stomp/encore thing, and Doug comes back out with an acoustic and plays a couple songs, and then we get a set by the Halo Benders.

That's a band that I feel Dan could get behind. It was not something I really needed at that point.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8557 on: November 15, 2010, 10:03:03 pm »

I did get a copy of "The Electronic Anthology Project" at the show. This is the kind of thing I like.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8558 on: November 16, 2010, 04:07:50 am »

So they do their set, and then the traditional chant/stomp/encore thing, and Doug comes back out with an acoustic and plays a couple songs, and then we get a set by the Halo Benders.

That's a band that I feel Dan could get behind. It was not something I really needed at that point.

I recommend Don't Tell Me Now. I guess it can be hard to get used to Calvin's vocals, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8559 on: November 16, 2010, 08:47:29 am »

They did I'd say about eight songs, but it was somewhat hard to tell. After the first song, the drummer and bassist switched instruments. I will say that the dancing was entertaining.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8560 on: November 16, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »

The Halo Benders... I don't know.

I like Built to Spill, and I like Beat Happening, but I do not need to hear them combined.
Or even "exactly Built to Spill but with Calvin singing."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8561 on: November 16, 2010, 08:51:00 pm »

They did I'd say about eight songs, but it was somewhat hard to tell.

OK, that is pretty funny.  And tells me a lot about their music at the same time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8562 on: November 17, 2010, 01:37:33 pm »

stand around in the school parking lot for an hour because of a (fake) bomb threat.  thats two...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8563 on: November 17, 2010, 02:32:50 pm »

.... have a whole day to work on this book that's due in less than two weeks. Hey, anyone want to go for lunch? Coffee? A museum maybe?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8564 on: November 17, 2010, 09:21:05 pm »

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 878   Go Up