Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348910 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8595 on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »

First time I ever really got the humidity thing I was in DC in August, just after I graduated high school. I was walking through the airport and I got up near the automatic doors and that wave of humid air rolled in as they opened and I just thought "how the fuck do they get it to stay like that?"

That's a good question. It seems like it should require an enclosed space. But somehow it doesn't.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8596 on: November 22, 2010, 04:57:02 am »

today, my kitchen lightbulb burnt out. Currently I have shimmied my refrigerator to the middle of the room so that I can sit on top of it and reach the light. Unfortunately no part of the light-cover seems to be able to move/twist. I'm starting to think the part that screws off is rusted to the screw.

I am kind of proud of the refrigerator idea, to be honest.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8597 on: November 22, 2010, 06:34:03 am »

I gave you a can for the refrigerator idea.  Have some sex up there and you'll get a can from Nabu.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8598 on: November 22, 2010, 11:08:34 am »

...have no idea where to put this:

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8599 on: November 22, 2010, 02:11:01 pm »

today, my kitchen lightbulb burnt out. Currently I have shimmied my refrigerator to the middle of the room so that I can sit on top of it and reach the light. Unfortunately no part of the light-cover seems to be able to move/twist. I'm starting to think the part that screws off is rusted to the screw.

I am kind of proud of the refrigerator idea, to be honest.

A lot of times there's 3 little screws in the rim that holds the light-cover.  Did you check for that?

Also, I find that a ladder is much lighter and therefore more maneuverable than a refrigerator.  Conversely, the ladder is much less effective at holding food at a cool temperature.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8600 on: November 22, 2010, 03:43:46 pm »

Also, I find that a ladder is much lighter and therefore more maneuverable than a refrigerator.  Conversely, the ladder is much less effective at holding food at a cool temperature.

I assumed he didn't have a ladder and gave him a can for real world problem solving.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8601 on: November 22, 2010, 03:58:21 pm »

A lot of times there's 3 little screws in the rim that holds the light-cover.  Did you check for that?

Also, I find that a ladder is much lighter and therefore more maneuverable than a refrigerator.  Conversely, the ladder is much less effective at holding food at a cool temperature.

A pro lives by the adage "the right tool for the job", but it can be a little limiting.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8602 on: November 22, 2010, 04:11:31 pm »

...have no idea where to put this:
Forearm or deltoid, I'd guess.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8603 on: November 22, 2010, 06:49:49 pm »

Wow Ash, that sounds like the sort of work that leads to a serious sense of satisfaction.  Good on ya.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8604 on: November 22, 2010, 07:09:01 pm »

You may be glad to know that while I have collected several stories of primates disabling the hotwire so they could escape an exhibit, so far, nothing on hosss.

Although if it happens to you, definitely let me know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8605 on: November 22, 2010, 07:17:19 pm »

I cleaned out my garage.

If you'd seen it before, you'd be impressed.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8606 on: November 22, 2010, 07:44:04 pm »

Oh, wow, I just realized that I have a hoss-related question for Ash. We were driving in the middle of nowhere the other day, and of course the five-year-old decided he had to pee, so we pulled off the shoulder and I took him to the nearest tree. It just so happened that the highway ran adjacent to a farm where four hosss were hanging out, and they didn't seem to take any notice of me, but they sure as heck all turned their bodies about 120 degrees to get a gander at my boy's junk while he was lettin' fly. Their gaze followed him all the way back to the car and then followed the car until we got out of sight. Any idea what that might be about?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8607 on: November 22, 2010, 08:12:52 pm »

Oh, wow, I just realized that I have a hoss-related question for Ash. We were driving in the middle of nowhere the other day, and of course the five-year-old decided he had to pee, so we pulled off the shoulder and I took him to the nearest tree. It just so happened that the highway ran adjacent to a farm where four hosss were hanging out, and they didn't seem to take any notice of me, but they sure as heck all turned their bodies about 120 degrees to get a gander at my boy's junk while he was lettin' fly. Their gaze followed him all the way back to the car and then followed the car until we got out of sight. Any idea what that might be about?

They must have been Nambla-breds.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8608 on: November 22, 2010, 11:06:46 pm »

I did a victory lap through the barn when it all worked. Took me half a day.

That's a big fuck*ng barn.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8609 on: November 22, 2010, 11:07:32 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 572 573 [574] 575 576 ... 878   Go Up