Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347395 times)

0 Members and 176 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8640 on: November 26, 2010, 07:47:26 pm »

wombat's book is the new stimulus.

people are all gonna buy a few copies each and a new sport will form around throwing our extra copies at each other.

"dodgebook" will be the Next Big Thing but we will only use wombat's book for some reason.

it will be because of A Meme.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8641 on: November 26, 2010, 08:02:10 pm »

And if civilization does collapse you can burn it to keep warm!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8642 on: November 26, 2010, 08:05:21 pm »

"Wombat's Cute Animal Book and Emergency Post-Rapture Kindling Device".

I like it. Good marketing hook.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8643 on: November 26, 2010, 08:09:01 pm »

"Wombat's Cute Animal Book and Emergency Post-Rapture Kindling Device".

I like it. Good marketing hook.

can
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8644 on: November 28, 2010, 04:26:06 am »

Today, I went to the first meeting of the Utica Beard Council.

I entered the Full Beard Competition but did not win as I have only two weeks growth.

My girlfriend entered the Women's Competition where they judged the girls on the quality of fake beards.

It was pretty rad. When I find pictures, I'll post some.

This Beard Club Thing seems to be a Thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8645 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:00 am »

I am too obsessed with trimming my beard for it to ever get big.

My girlfriend got a haircut. I  like it, but I think people will scream "LOOK AT THAT fuck*ng HIPSTER" at her in public.
Also it is weird that if I had gotten the haircut I couldn't explain to my barber, we would have the same haircut right now.

I left my computer power cable at my parents house, so I am trying to clean my house instead of browsing the Internet on my fancy telephone. First vacuuming in the new apartment. My cleaning standards in this place are already lightyears ahead of the old, because now I actually own a vacuum.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8646 on: November 28, 2010, 05:50:28 am »

I saw a hipster with a faux-hawk mullet today.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8647 on: November 28, 2010, 05:58:42 am »

I'm working on my Santa beard at the moment.  Judging by this picture I guess I started growing it a couple of weeks before Halloween.  I'll post a more recent pic tomorrow.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8648 on: November 28, 2010, 02:39:13 pm »

And here's a photo taken two weeks ago.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8649 on: November 29, 2010, 09:34:25 pm »

We used to smear a little bit of anti-seize under the edge of a desk or workbench, or on the back side of a steering wheel. It's the strangest thing - it never comes all the way off. It'll show up on clothes, in hair, everywhere. It's a weird silver color, too, so it's really obvious.

We also inject corrosion inhibitor and that stuff . . . . it takes about a drop to ruin a two-week hitch. I don't think anyone here would deliberately use that for a prank. It smells like rotting vegetables mixed with human waste.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8650 on: November 30, 2010, 01:21:50 am »

...cook omelets for dinner while the missus puts her feet up and watches oprah. at my own suggestion.

just so long as i don't have to watch oprah.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8651 on: November 30, 2010, 05:28:52 am »

I think there is a definite Thing where since I have not eaten, say, any given Thai food or Indian food as many times as I've eaten a given "American" food, I am way more likely to think that my results are AWESOME.

holy shit this chicken tikka masala is incredible. I fudged so many of the steps but it is really tasty.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8652 on: November 30, 2010, 05:46:45 am »

just so long as i don't have to watch oprah.

Well maybe if everyday was like this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8653 on: November 30, 2010, 03:48:40 pm »

I think there is a definite Thing where since I have not eaten, say, any given Thai food or Indian food as many times as I've eaten a given "American" food, I am way more likely to think that my results are AWESOME.

holy shit this chicken tikka masala is incredible. I fudged so many of the steps but it is really tasty.

Can for cooking indian food, just because I care. So fuck*ng labor-intensive, so fuck*ng good.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8654 on: December 01, 2010, 01:03:25 am »

it was not that labor-intensive because I skipped steps. Also, um, maybe I used something that came out of a jar.

today, Civ V is at my house, and my computer is going to die in 30 minutes. They tried to deliver my computer charger, and there was no one here to sign for it.

Don't most people have work during the day? How do people get packages?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 878   Go Up