Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347554 times)

0 Members and 175 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8655 on: December 01, 2010, 01:06:33 am »

it was not that labor-intensive because I skipped steps. Also, um, maybe I used something that came out of a jar.

today, Civ V is at my house, and my computer is going to die in 30 minutes. They tried to deliver my computer charger, and there was no one here to sign for it.

Don't most people have work during the day? How do people get packages?

1) Have them shipped to work
2) Neither FedEx nor UPS require signatures for residential deliveries now (unless you pay extra)
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8656 on: December 01, 2010, 01:13:39 am »

Yeah man, my junk gets shipped to the office for that very reason. Then theres also the mixed blessing of the girl in QC Receiving opening my package to make sure the package matches the order... and to make sure I didn't have a bomb sent to the warehouse .
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8657 on: December 01, 2010, 01:20:32 am »

Yeah man, my junk gets shipped to the office for that very reason. Then theres also the mixed blessing of the girl in QC Receiving opening my package to make sure the package matches the order... and to make sure I didn't have a bomb sent to the warehouse .

At my office the mailroom isn't allowed to open anything marked "personal" so I just include that in my address whenever I order anything online, just to be safe.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8658 on: December 01, 2010, 01:24:24 am »

So if you sent a bomb to the mailroom, you'd just mark it "personal"? I mean I guess on some level that would be a true description, because sending a bomb to somewhere is usually a very personal interaction.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8659 on: December 01, 2010, 01:47:12 am »

Leave it to my parents to pay extra for it to be harder for me to get this package.

(it was probably smart, though.)

Oh my god I got to play it for <10 minutes and almost creamed my jeans it is so cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8660 on: December 01, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »

Two e-mail things that piss me off:
1.  When a higher-up says they were "blind-sided" by something that they received multiple e-mail messages on a couple weeks ago.  IT IS NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU CANNOT OR DO NOT READ YOUR E-MAIL.
2.  When you unsubscribe from some e-mail newsletter or advert, and it says "It may take up to 10 days for you to be unsubscribed."  BULLSHIT.  That should happen INSTANTLY, because that shit should be managed by COMPUTERS.  That's just an excuse to spam me for another week and a half.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8661 on: December 03, 2010, 04:41:44 am »

note left on my door today:

Dear Neighbor!

If you celebrate Christmas, please list (3) things not to expensive and Santa will pick up your list. Merry Christmas!




what??

Today, I remembered some sort of joke I wanted to post in a recent thread, and started laughing out loud. At my own joke.

Lately I make a lot of jokes that people don't understand/think are funny, but normally I at least say them out loud.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:50:17 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8662 on: December 03, 2010, 07:00:44 am »

socks (size 10)
undershirts (large long)
slanket
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8663 on: December 03, 2010, 03:23:48 pm »

sugar packets
twist ties
cigarette butts
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8664 on: December 03, 2010, 04:49:04 pm »

Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8665 on: December 03, 2010, 04:56:55 pm »

010: Play Fallout: New Vegas
020: Look up, panic about how messy the house is.
030: Goto 10
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8666 on: December 03, 2010, 05:17:54 pm »

010: Play Fallout: New Vegas
020: Look up, panic about how messy the house is.
030: Goto 10

So good.

Today I am going to get a text from the idiot contractor that we fired, requesting a copy of a letter we sent him calling out the sub that he hired to do our excavation work. Hey fucko, you're very lucky we aren't suing you. Actually, you're lucky my wife didn't burn your house down.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 05:21:13 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8667 on: December 03, 2010, 05:45:16 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8668 on: December 03, 2010, 07:16:59 pm »

I do, too. I'm glad I'm on her team.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8669 on: December 05, 2010, 03:03:29 pm »

...finally get fed up enough to post a snarky status update about the "change your Facebook profile picture to raise awareness" thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 576 577 [578] 579 580 ... 878   Go Up