Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346573 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8700 on: December 08, 2010, 11:41:33 pm »

...find a bunch of credit card numbers online and make sure my own aren't listed among them. check your own soon, i don't know how long that'll last up there.
its not there anymore. Also the function of this website seems like it was basically designed for that kind of thing to happen. Fuck this webpage.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8701 on: December 08, 2010, 11:46:42 pm »

...find a bunch of credit card numbers online and make sure my own aren't listed among them. check your own soon, i don't know how long that'll last up there.

If I told you my number, would you keep an eye peeled for it?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8702 on: December 09, 2010, 12:02:38 am »

sure thing nabu, i'll just need the expiry and authcode
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8703 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:04 am »

Well yeah, Nabu, just post it on Pastebin.com, but just to be safe, title it something like "Not a credit card"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8704 on: December 09, 2010, 12:11:18 am »

I think I'll just take a picture of it and make it my avatar.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8705 on: December 09, 2010, 01:11:05 am »

hey paul you're on reddit

for this picture:



edit: tags /facepalm
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:23:00 am by Choop »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8706 on: December 09, 2010, 01:30:27 am »

Ha ha.  I wonder how many times this has been reposted.

My version on Flickr has gotten thousands of views.  I see they've cleverly cropped my copyright mark off. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8707 on: December 09, 2010, 01:36:51 am »

today a lady complained to our manager that all the black cashiers were on one side and all the white cashiers were on the other. this happened because the first three people who came in today went on the same side, and the next two people were told to fill in the other side... which is what happens every day. In a grocery store with (12?) cashiers, some who are white and some who are black, this will happen sometimes.

then my co-worker acted all condescending and argued with me about how it was totally necessary and reasonable for us to rearrange all the cashiers as a reaction to that complaint, and pulled out some freshman-year BS explanation about how her interpretation was just as valid as mine, etc.
This pissed me off especially because I do believe in relativism/multiculturalism/etc, but this is not a case of that. This is a case of a lady who didn't know anything about what was going on complaining and inconveniencing all of us. And our manager giving in to that. Framing this as equivalent to cultural tolerance only demeans actual cases where informed people disagree about substantive issues.

man, I just want a line to be drawn beyond which we will not acquiesce to customers' insane BS.

this lady even acknowledged that normally this isn't the case, and we are normally mixed around randomly... and used that to "prove" that our line-up was the result of "segregation."

also, I told my coworker that I hope the next step, as we worry about this happening again, is someone hearing "Martin, you're black, so go on that side."

(this coworker is not some random yahoo, he is working his way through getting his Masters degree in sociology. depressing.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 01:40:54 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8708 on: December 09, 2010, 02:08:50 am »

also, I told my coworker that I hope the next step, as we worry about this happening again, is someone hearing "Martin, you're black, so go on that side."

(this coworker is not some random yahoo, he is working his way through getting his Masters degree in sociology. depressing.)

Nice work, inev. Way to lay down some Education.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8709 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:40 am »

Today I met Pam Dreyer, US Hockey Olympian (bronze). She seems pretty cool, and is also lovely. She works for the company managing some kind of safety database.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8710 on: December 09, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »

...wake up in a puddle of cat urine.


I guess, the diabetic cat isn't doing well as I had thought.   Health problems or not, that's no excuse for straight-up cold pissing on a fellow while he is asleep and vulnerable.

I flipped that cat off this morning.   So hard.  Like he would know what the gesture means.  He's all "*scoff* Well.  I never!" I'm pretty sure he could see the heat squiggles coming off my head though.

Now I'm at work, and irrationally feeling like I still smell like diabetic cat urine. 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8711 on: December 09, 2010, 06:36:48 pm »

. . . get my boarding passes. So tasty.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8712 on: December 09, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »

Now I'm at work, and irrationally feeling like I still smell like diabetic cat urine. 

I tore up some old carpet and smelled cat urine.  I irrationally kicked the cat out of the house for about a month.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8713 on: December 09, 2010, 06:41:42 pm »

I irrationally kicked the cat out of the house for about a month.

Toughlove, thy name is Paul.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8714 on: December 09, 2010, 08:06:27 pm »

Can twinsies!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 579 580 [581] 582 583 ... 878   Go Up