Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341925 times)

0 Members and 189 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8715 on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:25 pm »

When I'm mad at my cats I set a trap. See, they like the laser-pointer-chase game. A lot. A LOT. When I come upstairs to bed they line up and yowl at me if they haven't gotten to play their favourite game yet.

So I put a 2'x2'x8" craft box around the corner and then get them full of darting fury and...run them around the corner head first into the box.

I laugh and laugh at the hollow "CLONK" their little heads make on impact.

One out of three of our cats is willing to chase the laser pointer around and around in circles until she is so dizzy she staggers or falls over.  My husband things this is cruel.  I think it is hilarious.  The other two cats will not be fooled in this way.  They will chase it around in a circle once or twice, then they are all "hey, I know what's going on here" and sit and wait it out.  The dog, as proof of his intelligence, looks at the laser dot, then looks at my hands then sits watching the cats in confusion to their reaction to it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8716 on: December 09, 2010, 11:00:36 pm »

Our junior cat, the orange one, will chase those little hair ties that kind of seem like they are donuts cut out of nylons. The first couple times, I'll shoot the little elastic down the hallway and she will tear after it. Each succeeding time, I'll shoot it and she will run a little and sit down. By the end, she's changing ends, and then I shoot it to where she is sitting, and then she gets up without the hair tie and goes to the other end of the hallway.

I'm pretty much just playing fetch by myself.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8717 on: December 10, 2010, 08:25:03 am »

...come out of hibernation.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8718 on: December 10, 2010, 10:18:41 am »

Too soon!

Seriously, yesterday there was an article about hibernation in the science section of the newspaper and I was disappointed that it was about animals. What I need is a how-to.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8719 on: December 10, 2010, 02:52:04 pm »

Hey, Toast. How you doin'?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8720 on: December 10, 2010, 06:03:10 pm »

...take care of my 2 year old.  I have a great set-up with a neighborhood daycare provider; she's licensed, loving, and not expensive - but she is alone.  When she can't work I (or my wife) need to stay home to care for the little one.  Since I have 304 hours of paid time off accrued, the decision about who was going to stay home was easy.  Other than eating continuously, he's pretty easy to take care of.  He's moderately destructive of the house, but diverting him to play or read books is easy.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8721 on: December 10, 2010, 11:30:06 pm »

Today the place where work happens was empty by 5:15. I am digging on this whole "F this, its Christmas, lets go home" attitude. Of course I then hate myself for enjoying a reduction in productivity.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8722 on: December 11, 2010, 12:48:59 am »

Jaydub: You need to use more of your vacation time.

A-Cap: You need to go home at 5:15 on Friday without feeling bad about it.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8723 on: December 11, 2010, 01:45:16 am »

Today I'm going to get back from a rural placement. This is where I was staying:


Had to leave a couple of days early.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8724 on: December 11, 2010, 02:31:05 am »

Hi Nabu. I'm pretty good. I've been away too long, though.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8725 on: December 11, 2010, 03:42:20 am »

Sometimes you just got to take some time for yourself.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8726 on: December 12, 2010, 07:47:57 pm »

...wake up with the worst hangover in months. the party last night was worth this, though. and this year we didn't run out of booze!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8727 on: December 13, 2010, 05:49:39 am »

okay people, at some point in the future you all need to come to our holiday party. we didn't kick anybody out until the six stragglers at five a.m., and i still wanted to keep going. if you're coming from out of state, there's no cover. else your cover is (ladies) a bottle of wine or mixer, or (fellas) a bottle of liquor. bring what you drink, we provide plenty of food and omg the bubby. seriously, you have all GOT to come to this party. next year it'll be december tenth, the tradition is two weekends before christmas.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8728 on: December 13, 2010, 09:48:56 am »

okay people, at some point in the future you all need to come to our holiday party. we didn't kick anybody out until the six stragglers at five a.m., and i still wanted to keep going. if you're coming from out of state, there's no cover. else your cover is (ladies) a bottle of wine or mixer, or (fellas) a bottle of liquor. bring what you drink, we provide plenty of food and omg the bubby. seriously, you have all GOT to come to this party. next year it'll be december tenth, the tradition is two weekends before christmas.
Today at 01:49:39 AM
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #8729 on: December 13, 2010, 02:25:21 pm »

okay people, at some point in the future you all need to come to our holiday party. we didn't kick anybody out until the six stragglers at five a.m., and i still wanted to keep going. if you're coming from out of state, there's no cover. else your cover is (ladies) a bottle of wine or mixer, or (fellas) a bottle of liquor. bring what you drink, we provide plenty of food and omg the bubby. seriously, you have all GOT to come to this party. next year it'll be december tenth, the tradition is two weekends before christmas.

Yes, but did you have a booze luge?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 878   Go Up