Followup:
I saw an ear doctor today, and he marveled about how I was exhibiting BPPV (Thank you, Internet Doctors) at such a young age.
He then strapped some Clockwork orangey video camera goggles to my eyes, had me sit on a table, and then had me twist my head this way and that, sit up, lay down, hunch, sit, spin, stand up, sit down, fight-fight-fight.
He left me sitting up with my head kinda drooped, and then said. "Sit perfectly still. I'm going to leave the room for a minute. If I do anything sooner, it will change it to a different type of positional vertigo."
About 20 seconds after he left the room, everything shifted. It was like 60's TV Batman. I went from the crooked villains lair camera angle to Commissioner Gordon's office.
He then came back, put the goggles back on me, and then tried to recreate the vertigo. Gone. Totally gone. I feel a little motion sick after the maneuver, but the vertigo is gone, and I have 30 dudes whenever I play Contra.