Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348307 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9210 on: February 20, 2011, 05:33:59 pm »

So, the joy from the co-worker thing has blown over, and I'm coming to terms with the idea that my department has swapped a couple people around (counting on the idea that my co-worker would never pull the pin), and in a few months I'm going to be the only person with any significant experience - meaning I'll be filling in and training people constantly. Well, on the bright side I'm unlikely to be fired, although I'm a little concerned with the fact they aren't backfilling that spot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9211 on: February 20, 2011, 05:44:55 pm »

Has this already been shared?

Google Art Project

It's pretty fuck*ng cool.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9212 on: February 20, 2011, 07:53:33 pm »

Has this already been shared?

Google Art Project

It's pretty fuck*ng cool.

That _is_ cool.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9213 on: February 20, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »

I'm strongly considering taking a job my ex-BIL offered, two-and-two in either PA or LA.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9214 on: February 20, 2011, 11:41:53 pm »

I read that is ex-boss in-law. A minute later I wondered how that would work.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9215 on: February 20, 2011, 11:51:10 pm »

I'm strongly considering taking a job my ex-BIL offered, two-and-two in either PA or LA.

Is that Los Angeles or Louisiana?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9216 on: February 21, 2011, 12:58:44 am »

does the PA option involve natural gas?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9217 on: February 21, 2011, 01:31:38 am »

Tomorrow is my son's birthday, and he has the day off for President's Day. Pedro is taking a vacation day, and we were going to take a family trip to a cool science museum.

Now I have conjunctivitis in both eyes.

FML.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9218 on: February 21, 2011, 02:13:30 am »

I got your natural gas, buddy.

then stay away from here because there is a big initiative to keep a drilling operation alive.  i have a feeling you'd like to keep your natural gas well un-drilled.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9219 on: February 21, 2011, 03:58:58 am »

Sorry - Louisiana.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9220 on: February 21, 2011, 05:38:49 am »

Sorry - Louisiana.

We'll be neighbors.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9221 on: February 21, 2011, 02:16:38 pm »

...more or less play the role of Miss Sweetie Poo and get to make a winner of the Ig Nobel prize stop talking after five minutes.

I didn't get to actually say "Please stop, I'm bored" because they could not have known that a random volunteer from the audience like myself has spent most of her life wanting to get up when other people are talking and say "Please stop, I'm bored" over and over. Instead I had to make an annoying noise with a pen on a glass.

AND, I was wearing "What We Need More of is Science."

I just now watched this video.  Well, it's about a quarter of the way in actually.  So you weren't actually at this show, but you were at a lecture by an Ig Nobel prize winner?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9222 on: February 21, 2011, 02:47:16 pm »

They do road shows at science conferences. This one was at the AAAS meeting. There was a guy who hadn't been to the ceremony two years ago to pick up his prize, so they gave it to him, and there were also a couple of lectures by people who had published in the magazine.

The award was for a study showing that bearded scientists working in a microbiology lab were at risk of carrying dangerous microbes home in their beards.
http://improbable.com/2011/02/15/calling-all-bearded-scientists-near-dc/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9223 on: February 21, 2011, 05:46:41 pm »

I went to a diner at 3 AM and ate 4 sliders. After 4, I realized the other 2 looked like puke, and stopped eating. They were tiny hamburgers, but on normal-sized buns. For some reason that made them seem extra gross.

The ketchup was a store brand of Hunt's ketchup. Kurtz. NOT EVEN HUNTS.

also, I buzzed my hair down to 1/4 inch, and it hurt my head so damn much. I should have realized these clippers sucked early in the process, instead of just standing there buzzing my hair for 2 hours.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9224 on: February 21, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »

Dan, don't eat things that look like puke, and check your foodstuffs for similarity to puke before tucking in.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 878   Go Up