Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343520 times)

0 Members and 198 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9315 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54:34 am »

Awesome dude, just awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9316 on: March 14, 2011, 03:40:08 am »

My folks have a Bosch. Apparently, they're made less than 100 miles from here in New Bern, NC.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9317 on: March 14, 2011, 04:02:10 am »

Really?  A dishwasher and it's made in USA?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9318 on: March 14, 2011, 04:05:17 am »

Congratulations!

I bought a few books today. Went into Borders to buy a birthday card for my sister, and it turns out it's closing so everything was discounted. I walked out only about $40 lighter, so it could have been worse.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9319 on: March 14, 2011, 04:39:12 am »

congrats! we hit some wineries ...in your daughter's ... honor?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9320 on: March 14, 2011, 04:42:28 am »

Thanks all. Of course, I'm hella obligated to post pictures all over the internet.


Dan, I imagine will be taking visitors on Tuesday or Wednesday if you want to drop by the West End.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9321 on: March 14, 2011, 06:16:57 am »

Kid looks pissed off.  She's got a bad attitude.  I like her already.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9322 on: March 14, 2011, 12:38:16 pm »

Nah, she looks all cozy and zen to me. Like she wants to say, "Life is suffering, suffering is life, where the hell is my dang milk?"

That is one swell-looking bambino, Jorge!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9323 on: March 15, 2011, 10:59:02 pm »

1040EZ seems to be saying I am going to get like 600$ in my tax refund. That is a lot of money. Holy geez.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9324 on: March 15, 2011, 11:30:01 pm »

1040EZ seems to be saying I am going to get like 600$ in my tax refund. That is a lot of money. Holy geez.
It is?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9325 on: March 15, 2011, 11:50:49 pm »

Hooker+Blow+Hotel Room+Fully insured rental car.
You can thank me later.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9326 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:45 am »

that is two months' worth of rent for my bomb-ass in this awesome city.

also it seems like a lot considering I only worked 4 months in 2010. That is 10% of what I made in 2010.

now, the only trick is getting my former roommate to pay me the 300$ that he owes me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9327 on: March 16, 2011, 12:15:50 am »

I continue to be amazed at how cheap it is to live anywhere but the nyc metro area.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9328 on: March 16, 2011, 12:27:26 am »

Some recent list said that STL has the lowest cost of living in the country for a city over ### people. Things that cost on average $1.00 cost $.80 in Saint Louis.

People still come into my store and bitch about how expensive it is, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9329 on: March 16, 2011, 12:49:19 am »

Yeah, $300/mo would be a 1/4 share of a very crappy 2 bedroom apartment with marginal convenience to NC State. (There are students who do it, too -- but if you're going to live two to a room, why wouldn't you just stay in a dorm?)

When we were engaged and looking at apartments in 2001, (near campus, because he was a student and I worked for the school), it was going to cost us $1200/mo for a 2-bedroom. It was actually cheaper to buy, since our mortgage payment was only $1035 (including taxes and insurance). I'm sure it's more expensive now.

Then again, the further you get from campus, the cheaper it gets -- our rent at the town house we stayed in between houses was only $860/mo for a 2 BR 2BA, and that even had a little bit of yard. But it was three times as far from campus as our first house, so demand for rental units was much, much lower out in the 'burbs.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 620 621 [622] 623 624 ... 878   Go Up