Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346660 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9390 on: March 26, 2011, 03:16:35 am »

Sigh.  I actually sat through a 45 minute presentation (and ensuing debate) on these at a Plumbing Board meeting a few years ago.  The cartridge has some sort of oil in it which floats on top of the liquids and creates an odor proof seal.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9391 on: March 26, 2011, 08:27:47 am »

This is really showing me how little I know about urinals in general.  In a water based urinal, can one dispose of debris like in a toilet?  Such as flicking in a cigarette?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9392 on: March 26, 2011, 11:57:58 am »

What is a Plumbing Board and why were you at its meeting?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9393 on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:42 pm »

Maybe it is like a Water Board but they have that awkward name because they don't want to have to say "I'm going waterboarding" when asked what they're doing that night?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9394 on: March 26, 2011, 02:24:08 pm »

This is really showing me how little I know about urinals in general.  In a water based urinal, can one dispose of debris like in a toilet?  Such as flicking in a cigarette?
You can, but the janitor is going to have to giraffe it out, and then he's going to hide a sardine in your office.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9395 on: March 26, 2011, 11:53:07 pm »

What is a Plumbing Board and why were you at its meeting?

Actually, it's called the Plumbing Code Committee, and it's the state government entity which regulates the plumbing industry (e.g. licensing, permitting, product approvals, construction standards, et al) in Kentucky.  At the time, I was their lawyer (in addition to the Boards of the HVAC, Electrical, Manufactured Housing, Boilers, General Contractors and so forth).  I sat through dozens of presentations about the most mundane products you can imagine.  And all in the most exquisite detail, no less!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9396 on: March 27, 2011, 12:15:07 am »

Actually, it's called the Plumbing Code Committee, and it's the state government entity which regulates the plumbing industry (e.g. licensing, permitting, product approvals, construction standards, et al) in Kentucky.  At the time, I was their lawyer (in addition to the Boards of the HVAC, Electrical, Manufactured Housing, Boilers, General Contractors and so forth).  I sat through dozens of presentations about the most mundane products you can imagine.  And all in the most exquisite detail, no less!

why does important shit have to be boring?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9397 on: March 30, 2011, 08:13:37 pm »

...put Spouse on an airplane to Vancouver.

Let the wild rumpus begin!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9398 on: March 30, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »

...put Spouse on an airplane to Vancouver.

Party at Ash's house. Did anyone see The Hangover?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9399 on: March 31, 2011, 01:37:26 am »

Guns, hosss, and an RV. I see nothing but good things to come of that.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9400 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:38 am »

Yeah, Spouse called me a while back. She lost her wallet with all but $25 and all her credit cards and was standing in the airport with nowhere to go.

I gave her the AMEX Corporate # to see what they could do and canceled the other one(s) she had. Then I called the hotel and set up the front desk with her phone # and paid for a cab to go get her.

Now I can't get her on the phone, which prolly means the cabby can't either.

IT'S A WONDERFUL DAY, MY MIGGROIDS.

It all gets better from here!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9401 on: March 31, 2011, 03:21:17 am »

It all gets better from here!
Yeah.  Keep on Chooglin'.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9402 on: March 31, 2011, 03:22:48 am »

Yeah.  Keep on Chooglin'.

I love that word.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9403 on: March 31, 2011, 10:39:32 pm »

Where did I put my dang wallet?!!
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9404 on: April 01, 2011, 02:40:41 am »

AMEX will save your ass all day long and then throw points at you like candy while cancelling your restaurant bill because you said so.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 625 626 [627] 628 629 ... 878   Go Up