Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344929 times)

0 Members and 117 Guests are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9405 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:24 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9406 on: April 01, 2011, 03:55:12 am »

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:00:06 am by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9407 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:33 am »

Saw my other favorite current band. Now the dude is at my friend's house. I am doing that thing where when he says something funny I go "HA!" really loudly, like a car horn. Oops.

He had an SG, Nabu. Actually, he had some shitty pawn guitar, and talked during the set about how much he misses his old SG that broke.

My old roommate got to go up on stage and sing "Gloria." He didn't know the words (WHAT?!) so then they did Paranoid together. This other girl I know got to play drums for one song.

Goddamn that ruled. My ears hurt.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:47:31 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9408 on: April 01, 2011, 01:33:47 pm »

I love that song.

Although I love that word, I strangely do not like that song or that band.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9409 on: April 01, 2011, 03:38:12 pm »

AMEX to the rescue. A ride to the hotel, $300 waiting at the local money-changer and a new card in -3 days.

Bonus new: Spouse found the Tim Horton in like 4 seconds and got a cuppa soup for dinner. Life be good this fine day.
I tried to can you agin but it wouldn't let me, so this sozzled fellow will tell you that you made awesome choices and are respected for it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9410 on: April 01, 2011, 04:16:00 pm »

You know what I'mma do today, bitches!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9411 on: April 01, 2011, 08:11:12 pm »

...get to spend an hour in the occupational therapy ward at the hospital.  It was facinating.  Looked like a location out of a Wes Anderson film.  Each person in that place had the potential to be an ensemble character in an interesting film.  Everybody there had a story.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9412 on: April 01, 2011, 08:27:39 pm »

...reap the rewards of the plan I put in motion a few weeks ago when my husband texts me to say, "Thanks for the flowers!"

I send him flowers on April 1 every year, because he hates April Fool's Day. Instead of pranking him, I decided about 8 years ago to do something surprising but kind. It was such a hit, I did it the next year...and the next...and every year since then, because it's not a normal gift-giving holiday, he has completely forgotten the tradition and been surprised when the flowers arrive.

This year was no exception. He was completely blindsided, again. If he weren't otherwise so intelligent, I'd be more scared than amused, but as it stands, I think the fact that one piece of information does not stick in his brain is endearing and hilarious.

If you're friends with him on Facebook, you can see a pic of the arrangement in his albums. I try to pick ones that aren't too girly.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9413 on: April 02, 2011, 12:47:01 am »

[[tries to ponder on flowers that arent girly]]
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9414 on: April 02, 2011, 03:02:31 am »

[[tries to ponder on flowers that arent girly]]

When they are on a casket perhaps?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9415 on: April 02, 2011, 04:31:13 am »

Poppies aren't very girly, I think.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9416 on: April 02, 2011, 06:51:34 am »

All I know about flowers is that every rose has its thorn. (Dig that crazy white SG!)

(side_show edit: fixed the link for you.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:00:35 am by side_show »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9417 on: April 02, 2011, 10:38:33 am »

Miley Cyrus is a guilty pleasure of mine.  She's kinda dorky and I like that.

3 pickups on that SG.  that's  hot.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 09:04:36 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9418 on: April 02, 2011, 06:44:46 pm »

I'm not sure what happened there.

Today my wife and I are going to have the music room, Tina reunion, wife birthday bash. It ought to be a tremendous hoot. Also, this I think will be the first full-on open bar party I have thrown (other than "there's a half-rack of Henrys in the fridge" or something).

By the by - if any of you (AW, Keith, etc) have a band, and you play shows, and you have flyers for those shows, I would really, really like them. In the bar bathroom in our house (with the urinal, so you know it's authentic) we have flyers from bands we have friends in/shows we've seen. I would like to put your flyer up there. Just a little note for those of them who it applies to. Also, I guess if you don't have a band but you know someone who does or you find a neat flyer, I would like those too. PM me for the address and if you send me one I will send you something in return, or reimburse you for postage, or whatever you want.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9419 on: April 03, 2011, 03:03:05 am »

I was just thinking, it was pretty rad of optimus prime to keep his crew on earth and secretly guard earth from whatever, even though I identified more with Megatron. That aside, wouldn't it be awkward to be banging your high school sweetheart inside bumblebee, the sentient *****?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 626 627 [628] 629 630 ... 878   Go Up