Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347616 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9435 on: April 07, 2011, 03:03:46 am »

I expect pithiness once someone is a member of the 500 can club.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9436 on: April 07, 2011, 03:16:07 am »

Sorry about the colt, Ash.  I know that must suck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9437 on: April 07, 2011, 03:17:12 am »

520 cans and you couldn't do any better than I did?

What else is there to say?

Sheesh, everybody's a critic...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9438 on: April 07, 2011, 04:09:59 am »

What else is there to say?

Sheesh, everybody's a critic...

Well, if you can't do, criticize.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9439 on: April 07, 2011, 04:32:55 pm »

Condolences on the colt, sir.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9440 on: April 07, 2011, 04:44:33 pm »

in response to a "scary story" in reddit about hearing the floor creaking while taking a bath:

Quote
You know what's really scary about this? If you have a tile floor, and it creaks, you're in trouble. That means your subfloor is not solid enough, so you're going to end up with cracked grout and eventually cracked tiles. And it will just keep happening until you stabilize that subfloor.
While I'm not a professional installer, I have redone several bathroom floors. I'd recommend ripping the whole thing up and checking out that subfloor. If you've got two layers of 3/4" plywood there, and they still look good (no water damage), I'd drive some screws down into the creaky spots - keep going until you eliminate all of the squeaks - then install some 1/4" hardiebacker over top of it. I like to put a bed of thinset between the hardiebacker and the plywood before screwing it down.
After that, install your tile like you normally would. Don't try to be lazy and use the premixed buckets of mortar. Mix it yourself, and use admix instead of water. It holds up better particularly in an area like a bathroom that can get wet.

I don't know why I love things like this so much.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9441 on: April 07, 2011, 04:49:25 pm »

Two layers of 3/4" plywood?  Dang.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9442 on: April 07, 2011, 05:06:24 pm »

Today I'm gonna finally have my home generator finished being installed.

Now instead of worrying about dying of the cold when the power goes out for days in a blizzard, I can worry that there's all this extra gas line to rupture if there is an earthquake or something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9443 on: April 07, 2011, 05:53:25 pm »

I was thinking that too. I wonder if dude meant to double up on some 3/8? 'Cause I've never run into a load need to go with doubled up 3/4 plus your mason board. Maybe to repel zobmies from burrowing in but still, dang.


Maybe his floor joists are like 6 feet apart.  Or he's using depleted uranium tiles. Or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9444 on: April 07, 2011, 05:54:28 pm »

Ash I am probably going to have to partially disappoint you because my role in this has been basically to wave the checkbook and say "please do what you need to do and don't worry my pretty little head about it," but the bill says what I paid for is Briggs and Stratton, 7kw. It runs on gas company gas - I am a city kid, we don't do the kind of gas that comes in canisters that look like bombs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9445 on: April 07, 2011, 06:06:23 pm »

I am a city kid, we don't do the kind of gas that comes in canisters that look like bombs.

I carry those around in the trunk of my car.  Here is a funny story about that.

PS- I'm a city kid too.

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9446 on: April 07, 2011, 06:17:39 pm »

You showed us your house, Paul, that is not what a New Yorker means by a city.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9447 on: April 07, 2011, 06:26:02 pm »

Yeah, I saw those, but I am already afraid of the new gas lines, I couldn't also take having a bomb strapped to the side of the house. And I kind of think that if both power and gas went out, that would be the sort of apocalyptic event that no amount of planning is really going to help.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9448 on: April 07, 2011, 06:39:19 pm »

You showed us your house, Paul, that is not what a New Yorker means by a city.

Don't you have grills in the city?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9449 on: April 07, 2011, 08:44:28 pm »

Yeah, I saw those, but I am already afraid of the new gas lines, I couldn't also take having a bomb strapped to the side of the house. And I kind of think that if both power and gas went out, that would be the sort of apocalyptic event that no amount of planning is really going to help.

But at the end of the movie, you shoot the tanks and blow the whole works up! How are you going to do that now?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 878   Go Up