Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348530 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9450 on: April 07, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »

I'd be more likely to blow myself up. Trust me, it's better this way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9451 on: April 07, 2011, 09:00:15 pm »

I found out yesterday that the brother-in-law is going to get his job back digging graves!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9452 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:21 pm »

Actually he's kind of pissed that so many people are getting roasted instead of planted.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9453 on: April 07, 2011, 09:50:43 pm »

Well, of course.

What's the old Digger O'Dell line?

"You plug 'em, we plant'em!"

I love Digger O'Dell.  Boy that takes me back.  I got hooked on Life of Riley back when I used to listen to the radio a lot.  I think it stems from back when I was into listening to baseball on the radio.  On Sunday nights they would play old time radio shows like Riley and Fibber McGee and Molly, Suspense, The Lone Ranger.  Those are really gripping shows. 

They also played a comedy show hosted by Dick Cavett.  He would play old timey stand up routines that would have you rolling.

Ah, memories...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9454 on: April 07, 2011, 10:00:58 pm »

Well, he works with a 70 year old union guy, so I'm not certain he hasn't heard it, but I'll try it out.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9455 on: April 07, 2011, 10:25:26 pm »

I was thinking that too. I wonder if dude meant to double up on some 3/8? 'Cause I've never run into a load need to go with doubled up 3/4 plus your mason board. Maybe to repel zobmies from burrowing in but still, dang.
Maybe his floor joists are like 6 feet apart.  Or he's using depleted uranium tiles. Or something.
Extra ballast if he lives in tornado country?

Belated condolences on the colt.  Its bad enough having to put down an animal that's lived a good long life.
(I've been offline on family vacation for a few)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9456 on: April 08, 2011, 01:16:19 am »

Now that I threw Paul in a nostalgia loop "I'll just be shoveling off now."

This makes me think of "The Adventures of Herbert Daring Dashwood," which can only be heard on the in-game radio station in Fallout 3. Ah, the old Shady Sands Shuffle.

At least Nabu knows what I'm talking about. That's what made the game great -- the little extras, like including a 50's style radio drama right in the middle of a post-apocalyptic wasteland. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9457 on: April 08, 2011, 02:06:37 am »

The Great Gildersleeve!

When I was an elementary schooler, I used to listen to the CBS Radio Mystery Theater every night.  With EEEEE GEEEEE MARSHALL.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9458 on: April 08, 2011, 02:31:50 am »

How old are you? Jesus, man.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9459 on: April 08, 2011, 03:55:35 am »

How old are you? Jesus, man.

CBSRMT was on in the 70's.  I started 1st grade in '71.

The Great Gildersleeve I only listened to on cassettes.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9460 on: April 08, 2011, 05:07:58 am »

Ride my bike so hard from Baltimore to the PA line I puked.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9461 on: April 08, 2011, 05:18:02 am »

One puke over the line, sweet Jesus, one puke over the line.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9462 on: April 08, 2011, 05:19:10 am »

The Great Gildersleeve!

When I was an elementary schooler, I used to listen to the CBS Radio Mystery Theater every night.  With EEEEE GEEEEE MARSHALL.

Did that have a creaking door? I listened to one with my Mom that had a door sound effect. Fond memories. Also, get the fuck off my lawn you little bastards.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9463 on: April 08, 2011, 01:16:53 pm »

Did that have a creaking door? I listened to one with my Mom that had a door sound effect. Fond memories. Also, get the fuck off my lawn you little bastards.

Oh yeah.  Listen to one of the episodes I linked to.  The creaking door is right at the beginning.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9464 on: April 08, 2011, 04:23:18 pm »

Sucks about the Colt, Ash. Just sucks. Hope your boy doesn't take it too hard.

So would I be wasting my time asking if any of you guys know the Goon Show?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 878   Go Up