Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349290 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9465 on: April 08, 2011, 05:10:29 pm »

The Great Gildersleeve!

When I was an elementary schooler, I used to listen to the CBS Radio Mystery Theater every night.  With EEEEE GEEEEE MARSHALL.

As a youth I was fond of "Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar.  The man with the action packed expense account!"
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9466 on: April 08, 2011, 05:14:41 pm »

I dunno, I think Aug is remembering a different 70s than I experienced....

I have been listening to "Johnny Dollar" for years, but it's because they play it on an old-timey radio program on my local NPR station.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9467 on: April 08, 2011, 07:05:51 pm »

The CBS Radio Mystery Theater was on from 1974-1982.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9468 on: April 08, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »

Dang, and I just wanted to find an mp3 of Digger saying "Greetings Riley."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9469 on: April 08, 2011, 10:13:46 pm »

Thaaaaaaaat's what sheeeeeee saaaaaaid.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9470 on: April 09, 2011, 02:43:14 am »

BTW: That's A LOT of MEAT!

I can't believe that sat there for 45 solid minutes untouched.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9471 on: April 09, 2011, 03:01:37 am »

Quote from: Nabubrush
I can't believe that sat there for 45 solid minutes untouched.

Thhhhhhhatttttttt's what sheeeeee saiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9472 on: April 09, 2011, 08:04:28 am »

Thhhhhhhatttttttt's what sheeeeee saiiiiiiiiiiiiiid.

Oddly, she did say that to me once. At the bus station.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9473 on: April 09, 2011, 12:38:39 pm »

I'd just like to point out that this thread is now 700 pages long.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9474 on: April 09, 2011, 04:35:32 pm »

I'd just like to point out that this thread is now 700 pages long.

it's our own private Facebook.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9475 on: April 09, 2011, 07:34:42 pm »

got pretty tipsy at noon, because my interview at a brewery went pretty damn well and the guy offered to buy me a beer. He offered a six-pack as an alternative, but I felt it was smart to take the cheaper option.

then I went on a free tour, and got more beer.

I also spotted a fire on a building next door and we ran over and called the fire department. NAILED IT.

...unfortunately it is only 8 hours a week. fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9476 on: April 10, 2011, 01:26:43 am »

... eat asparagus from the yard for dinner.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9477 on: April 10, 2011, 07:18:00 pm »

Yesterday was a funeral for my elementary school principal. At the reception my parents were inviting women my age back to their house for an after party. I think this explains a lot about my current personality.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9478 on: April 10, 2011, 11:50:53 pm »

finally buy a couch, after living here since August with no couch.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9479 on: April 11, 2011, 01:05:39 am »

I can't remember the names of any of my elementary or middle-school principals. A middle-school vice-principal was nicknamed Spike. I remember the name of my high school principal--a dude who smoked Virginia Slims on the loading docks. The mafioso dean at my high school (a purely disciplinarian position which had nothing to do with academics) was the sibling of a modestly talented SNL alumnus. Heh.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 630 631 [632] 633 634 ... 878   Go Up