Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349498 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9555 on: April 20, 2011, 10:58:10 pm »

It be a fine day, my miggroids.

I just passed such a [edit: oh man you people so do not want to know that. Ooo Ooo Ooo...FACEBOOK DOES!]

tease
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9556 on: April 21, 2011, 06:41:36 am »

reading a front-page news story about a random dude being beaten to death as part of a gang initiation was scary enough before I realized it was around the corner from the bar I go to every wednesday. Dang.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9557 on: April 21, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »

That seems like a rule that will limit that gang's numbers.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9558 on: April 21, 2011, 05:50:35 pm »

or a rule where a ton of random old asian dudes will get beaten to death.

...but I'm pretty sure it was a thing where, like, "ok, you group of teens, you have passed all of our other tests. Now, beat this random man to death, as a team."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9559 on: April 21, 2011, 05:55:19 pm »

hm. my parents get here tomorrow. The lady who said she would switch shifts with me at work is completely flaking out. My apartment is not really clean at all.

I guess they are going to get a really clear picture of what my life is like-- have to work at weird-ass hours while my friends are doing fun things, live in a beautiful apartment filled with dirty clothes. oops. (I will stuff them all into the closet, I guess)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9560 on: April 21, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »

Occasionally I wonder if I'm worrying anyone with my lacrosse stick bag.  Its not the commonest sight around here.


...wait for the Federal Umbrella Protective Act of 2011 to get a priority pass so I can feel safer in public.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9561 on: April 21, 2011, 11:50:37 pm »

...wait for the Federal Umbrella Protective Act of 2011 to get a priority pass so I can feel safer in public.

That is not the first time that happened with an umbrella. Specifically with the umbrellas from Thing Geek where the handle looks like a sword.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9562 on: April 22, 2011, 12:34:31 pm »

Since I agreed to drive her to the airport at 4 AM this morning, my girlfriend decided she wanted to help out and clean my room while I was cooking dinner.

... in 15 minutes, she got this place cleaner than it has been since I moved in. Like, creepy clean.

My guitar picks are lined up on my bookshelf, sorted by color.

Pretty bummed that she didn't sort my change. What a bum.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9563 on: April 23, 2011, 08:53:44 am »

I think, mostly, I forgot how bad my ADD is. When I clean things the majority of actions I take involve:
-putting a new song on.
-picking something up off the floor and putting it in a pile in a different place in my room.

so, yeah. I woke up at 4 AM, drove her to the airport, then slept 2 more hours. Worked 8 hours, met with my family, drove around and ate and stuff, then went to bed at 10 PM.

now I am awake again. Shit.

it was funny, because there were tornado sirens going off, and I told my family that people here just ignore them, because nothing ever happens. Oops.

Yesterday I bought nasal spray, and apparently I am also allergic to this nasal spray. Or something. It just made my runny nose turn into unbelievably intense sneezing. I was already impressed by the capacity of my sinuses to produce snot, but this was like the industrial revolution was going on in my nose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9564 on: April 23, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »

oh man, it is weird that my dad, who is generally as big of a talker as I am, never mentioned "oh hey I'm on the board of this nonprofit, it is really cool and you will be really impressed to hear about the work we do."
I guess I don't know what his role actually was, it may have been an in-name-only type thing. But still, cool. Financial Literacy is a thing I think about a lot when I am dealing with people who get REALLY MAD/sad when I tell them they can't use this debit card because there is no money in their bank account.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9565 on: April 23, 2011, 04:15:51 pm »

Today I am going to wake up next to my beautiful wife.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9566 on: April 23, 2011, 07:15:18 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9567 on: April 23, 2011, 07:20:36 pm »

I'm also going to go outside and enjoy the first really beautiful sunny day of the year, it seems. I think I'll do some weeding.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9568 on: April 23, 2011, 09:20:03 pm »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9569 on: April 23, 2011, 11:02:12 pm »

Today I'm gonna wake up, which is one better than I thought I'd do about this time yesterday.

Do you know how sick I have to be to get knocked off the INTERNET for two damn days?

I do, and it ain't pretty.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 636 637 [638] 639 640 ... 878   Go Up