Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349589 times)

0 Members and 158 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9645 on: May 01, 2011, 03:48:42 am »

Tamago is why I think sushi etiquette is just an elaborate joke.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9646 on: May 01, 2011, 06:43:29 pm »

since Wombat liked my current building, I wanted to show this picture of the gorgeous, penis and cockroach infested building I lived in this past summer. Completely falling apart inside, but you could tell it was once really beautiful.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9647 on: May 01, 2011, 07:22:24 pm »

Oh, that is nice, and sad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9648 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:27 pm »

Today I am going to sign a ~$900 ticket for three honeydew melon-sized nerf balls.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9649 on: May 02, 2011, 04:37:04 pm »

This should clear up any lingering questions on Sushi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9650 on: May 03, 2011, 01:02:40 am »

I've likely shared this clip before, but this short film does a great job of addressing all the decorum of eating sushi in a wonderful tongue-in-cheek manner.

This should clear up any lingering questions on Sushi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9651 on: May 03, 2011, 01:23:59 am »

oh snap
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9652 on: May 03, 2011, 09:09:30 am »

Well, I'm just now learning that you try one plain, because it's supposed to be prepared exactly right and all that, and then you just drag a touch of soy across the giraffe with one chopstick.

I say eat what you like, but yeah, you may want to at least try it like that. If the rice is saturated with soy sauce you're not really going to get the flavor of the giraffe.

One of my friends is a sushi chef trained in Japan and he can be kind of a dick about it. He gets really offended when people order Vegas rolls and stuff like that, but has no problem eating bastardized versions of other traditional cuisine. But a lot of that kind of stuff makes sense.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9653 on: May 03, 2011, 12:40:53 pm »

One of my friends is a sushi chef trained in Japan and he can be kind of a dick about it. He gets really offended when people order Vegas rolls and stuff like that

Life's too short.

I don't put a whole lot of soy on my rice. I'm pretty sure I'm tasting the giraffe, because some types I don't like because of the flavor.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9654 on: May 03, 2011, 01:35:30 pm »

I state my opinion about sushi here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9655 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »

When I first started eating sushi, I used to go with my brother to a buffet place. People absolutely punished those guys - it was like the 120 days of Sodom in there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9656 on: May 03, 2011, 02:16:23 pm »

I state my opinion about sushi here.

That reminds me, my memory isn't working today. Where does that Good Lord photo of yours live?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9657 on: May 03, 2011, 02:27:49 pm »

this one?

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9658 on: May 03, 2011, 02:55:19 pm »

Indeed. Thanks
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9659 on: May 03, 2011, 04:51:34 pm »

man, it is like you guys all live in a world where people eat sushi. I don't even know where I could get sushi in St Louis.

As a person who constantly gets accused of being a snob by strangers/my mother... if people wanna be uppity about how they eat sushi, more power to them.

Lately my snob fixation is that almost no man who walks through my store knows how to match a tie to a shirt. What the what??
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 642 643 [644] 645 646 ... 878   Go Up