Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350071 times)

0 Members and 143 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9660 on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:45 pm »

I am thirty-one years old, Dan, and I can honestly tell you that I probably do not remember how to tie a tie.

I used to know. I am pretty sure I have forgotten.

I am pretty sure that if I needed to wear the one tie I own, that probably only "matches" a few shirts I own, I would have to ask my girlfriend to help me figure it out.

And I am fairly okay with this.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9661 on: May 03, 2011, 05:20:20 pm »

I've likely shared this clip before, but this short film does a great job of addressing all the decorum of eating sushi in a wonderful tongue-in-cheek manner.

This should clear up any lingering questions on Sushi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDL8yu34fz0

Awesome!  Here's something that will help people who speak Spanish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN1j51Yq7Jk
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9662 on: May 03, 2011, 06:02:42 pm »


Lately my snob fixation is that almost no man who walks through my store knows how to match a tie to a shirt. What the what??

PROTIP:  If you just wear white and/or blue solid color shirts, it's not much of an issue.

Also, once you wear a shirt and tie every day for 20 years or so, you experience a certain diminution in giving a fuck about it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9663 on: May 03, 2011, 06:18:58 pm »

I'm so glad I get to wear a t-shirt and jeans to work. My old man must have spent 30+ years in business clothes, the poor bastard. Shaving every day, too!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9664 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:41 pm »

Yes, it is easy if you wear plain shirts. These guys are trying to match ties with complex patterns with shirts with patterns, and it looks really silly.

I give off enough of an air of incompetence even if my clothes all match.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9665 on: May 03, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »

Yes, it is easy if you wear plain shirts. These guys are trying to match ties with complex patterns with shirts with patterns, and it looks really silly.

I give off enough of an air of incompetence even if my clothes all match.



all twigs in your beard
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9666 on: May 03, 2011, 08:48:10 pm »

Yes, it is easy if you wear plain shirts. These guys are trying to match ties with complex patterns with shirts with patterns, and it looks really silly.

I give off enough of an air of incompetence even if my clothes all match.



"It's called Power Clashing and I do it because I can"
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9667 on: May 03, 2011, 09:43:34 pm »

I'm so glad I get to wear a t-shirt and jeans to work.

I'm glad I get to wear nothing at all should I choose to work.  I think we discussed this somewhere.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9668 on: May 03, 2011, 10:03:12 pm »

I'm glad I get to wear nothing at all should I choose to work.  I think we discussed this somewhere.

Well Paul, it's long been established that it's your world and we're all just paying rent.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9669 on: May 03, 2011, 10:21:22 pm »

Well Paul, it's long been established that it's your world and we're all just paying rent.

if thats the case, i have a list of things that need fixin'.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9670 on: May 03, 2011, 10:22:54 pm »

But... We've got Mojo Nixon.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9671 on: May 03, 2011, 10:47:24 pm »

Pedro wears a shirt and tie to work every day even though the dress code is extremely lax at his workplace. Most people wear jeans; polo shirts are common but some wear t-shirts.

But Pedro is kind of on the youngish side for the level of work he's doing, and he is sort of baby-faced so people tend to think he's even younger. (He has had people express amazement when they learn that he has kids and a wife of nearly 10 years.) So he dresses up for work (and works hard) so that people will take him more seriously in meetings.

It seems to have paid off -- recently we ran into a woman who works in Pedro's building, and one of the first things she said to me was how she sees him in the break room sometimes, they've never spoken except for a quick "Hello," but she recognized him right away because he was dressed up nicely (for our dinner date) just like he does for work. (In fact, it was Friday night, and he didn't change between work and our date.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9672 on: May 03, 2011, 11:22:57 pm »

Pedro wears a shirt and tie to work every day even though the dress code is extremely lax at his workplace. Most people wear jeans; polo shirts are common but some wear t-shirts.

But Pedro is kind of on the youngish side for the level of work he's doing, and he is sort of baby-faced so people tend to think he's even younger.

If he cuts a few people they'll stop fuck*ng with him like that.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9673 on: May 04, 2011, 02:27:34 am »

Life's too short.

I don't put a whole lot of soy on my rice. I'm pretty sure I'm tasting the giraffe, because some types I don't like because of the flavor.

I agree, life's too short to worry about douche bags criticizing your taste in things. I'm just saying it's worth a shot. Kind of like when someone suggests maybe not putting A1 on a well seasoned quality steak. Try it, and if after a couple bites it's not for you, pour that shit on.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9674 on: May 04, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »

I agree, life's too short to worry about douche bags criticizing your taste in things. I'm just saying it's worth a shot. Kind of like when someone suggests maybe not putting A1 on a well seasoned quality steak. Try it, and if after a couple bites it's not for you, pour that shit on.

Lawry's seasoned salt. My mom gets SO MAD when my dad and I put it on our steak, post-grilling, but it's SO GOOD.

Never met anyone else who does that, it's weird.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 878   Go Up