Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348149 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9675 on: May 04, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »

Even tomatoes benefit from a dash of salt.  If you want to put ketchup on your sushi that's just fine with me.

BTW, tangential side note.  I put ketchup on a hot dog last week and it was mmm mmm good.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:10:26 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9676 on: May 04, 2011, 01:02:57 pm »

Today I had some sushi, I had soy on one piece but only because it was roe and I forgot that doesn't do a whole lot for me. The salmon I had plain, thank you.
I also wore a suit and tie to a uni gig, which is dramatically over-dressing rather than under-dressing, but they were both light blue so I think there was more than one fashion issue going on if we're honest with ourselves.

Moral: Fuck the haters, life is good.

BTW, tangential side note.  I put ketchup on a hot dog last week and it was mmm mmm good.
Don't start that again.
Mustard is the king of condiments you damned heathen.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9677 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06:10 pm »

That's the thing - talk to an OG resident of Chicago and ask them. You'd think you could just ask them to try a bite your way, but no. They'll lose their shit. How can there even be a correct way to eat a hot dog? You're eating your pig-snout wrong?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9678 on: May 04, 2011, 04:27:29 pm »

philistines.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9679 on: May 04, 2011, 04:53:33 pm »

I made comfort foods for dinner last night, green beans, macaroni & cheese and grilled hot dogs with yellow mustard, Hunt's catsup and relish. There's about nine levels of pedantry to explore in that meal and I don't give a toss.

when my brothers and i were all kids, we used to use "cat soup" and "penis turds" on our hot dogs/etc.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9680 on: May 04, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »

I made comfort foods for dinner last night, green beans, macaroni & cheese and grilled hot dogs with yellow mustard, Hunt's catsup and relish. There's about nine levels of pedantry to explore in that meal and I don't give a toss.

Did you bake it in a casserole dish with crumbled corn flakes on top? That's what I would have done.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9681 on: May 04, 2011, 07:17:09 pm »

Yeah, you totally cut up the hot dogs and stir them into the mac & cheese. Best served with root beer.

Awwww yeah. That's comfort food.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9682 on: May 04, 2011, 07:35:33 pm »

that damn filter made my memory post all fucked up....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9683 on: May 04, 2011, 08:06:13 pm »

So he pulls it out Sunday and there it sits on the island counter, still in the box, untouched.

Should I just leave it to crawl away on its own or make the kid throw it out? How long is a box pie safe to eat if left on the counter at 75d room temperature?

I would have sworn we'f covered this ground before - Cort?

You could handle it the old-school way and just make him eat all of it before he is allowed to eat anything else, but I'm pretty sure that's frowned on these days.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9684 on: May 04, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

And wash it down with a whole pack of cigarettes in one sitting.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9685 on: May 04, 2011, 09:16:27 pm »

And wash it down with a whole pack of cigarettes in one sitting.

How come that's the only example you hear of parents playing that?

You never hear that somebody's parents said "well, you'll just sit there on that couch and hit that bong until all your weed is gone - that'll learn ya".
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9686 on: May 04, 2011, 09:46:47 pm »

think about starting a blog. I just need to figure out how to do the research I would need to do for each post. Pretty sure it would be a fun, cool little thing.

Trying not to go on about it before I have even figured out how to do it. But this goes against my nature.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9687 on: May 04, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »

I have a tumblr.

It is a chronicle of people puking in TV and Movies.   I've noticed it happens a lot.   

Any time I'm sitting on my couch and I see someone puke, I pause, rewind, take a picture of it and post it.


It is a gross blog.

http://televomit.tumblr.com/

Don't go there.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9688 on: May 04, 2011, 09:58:43 pm »

I have a tumblr.

It is a chronicle of people puking in TV and Movies.

Keep reaching for the stars, smick.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9689 on: May 04, 2011, 10:06:09 pm »

My plan is to sell it to the cheezeburger guys for a hefty sum and retire.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 644 645 [646] 647 648 ... 878   Go Up