Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348169 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9705 on: May 05, 2011, 05:23:24 pm »

I have heard that it's OK to cut off the affected area of cheese, since it's basically curdled milk to begin with. Just so long as you cut off the whole moldy end, rather than just scraping it off.

Tentacles.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9706 on: May 05, 2011, 05:47:51 pm »

Education.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9707 on: May 05, 2011, 07:06:09 pm »

I have heard that it's OK to cut off the affected area of cheese, since it's basically curdled milk to begin with. Just so long as you cut off the whole moldy end, rather than just scraping it off.

Tentacles.

I am pretty 'err-on-the-side-of-caution' about this, but my mom's folks were poor, so she tends to scrape off as little as possible, and if she leaves a little mold, well it's all mold in the end.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9708 on: May 05, 2011, 08:04:00 pm »

I guess I'm just a crazy nastyass honeybadger where food is concerned.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9709 on: May 05, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »

I guess I'm just a crazy nastyass honeybadger where food is concerned.

That doesn't surprise me, considering you don't wear ##### to work (and I think that narrator would approve).

Seriously, though, that's worth a can.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:36:22 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9710 on: May 05, 2011, 10:18:09 pm »

I guess I'm just a crazy nastyass honeybadger where food is concerned.

the next video in line after that is the "Chili Four Loko" ep of Epic Meal Time.  why am i not surprised?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9711 on: May 05, 2011, 11:41:03 pm »

BTW, hot dogs that have something going on where the skin starts bubbling up like it has mumps, those go just on the principle of disgusting.

That's how you know when a tofu dog is cooked!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9712 on: May 06, 2011, 01:30:49 am »

I learned at work that there are some things it is OK to cut mold off of. Maybe bread? And other things where that kind of mold has tentacles.

HS taught me bread is the counterexample. You can cut the mold off of cheese because it's very dense and the mold can only grow on the surface. Therefore WYSIWYG. But bread is open and airy so the mold spores get all up in its business even where you can't see.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9713 on: May 06, 2011, 05:25:39 am »

But bread is open and airy so the mold spores get all up in its business even where you can't see.

Nonsense.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9714 on: May 06, 2011, 08:00:01 am »

I've been making these bad ass, simple sandwiches.  Huge piece Prussian Rye, smart balance, lentils, garlic salt, pepper and chipotle tobasco (toaster ovened twice of course)?  Ah yeah.  Prussian Rye or pumpernickel, veganaise, stoneground mustard, tomatoes, sprouts, onions and pepper (toasted once)?  Count me in.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9715 on: May 06, 2011, 12:56:34 pm »

I've been making these bad ass, simple sandwiches.  Huge piece Prussian Rye, smart balance, lentils, garlic salt, pepper and chipotle tobasco (toaster ovened twice of course)?  Ah yeah.  Prussian Rye or pumpernickel, veganaise, stoneground mustard, tomatoes, sprouts, onions and pepper (toasted once)?  Count me in.

What kinda spores are you using?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9716 on: May 06, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »

What kinda spores are you using?

Hopefully not those ones that eat your brain.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9717 on: May 06, 2011, 01:43:17 pm »

Keith almost certainly has the kind that do stuff to your brain.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9718 on: May 06, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »

Today I'm gonna be playing the expansion for Fallout: New Vegas while my daughter naps. In-game, I was reading some information off a computer terminal in the mysteriously hidden casino, and the head chef is complaining in his personal log that they've received an unusually large shipment of extremely sharp knives. The second log entry was titled, "These Knives!"

I LOL'd. Somebody on the Dead Money team was apparently an Achewood fan.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9719 on: May 06, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

Today I went to a Goodwill Outlet store, and bought a big stack of these books, Persepolis, and some books for my artists friend. For $7.90. Yeah!

How do I learn to take good notes? I met with a person at the Career Center a week ago, and I cannot for the life of me remember why I am supposed to get in touch with this guy whose card she gave me. He works at WashU and I think she said he is "into" community development/historic preservation type stuff on the side. Hm.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 03:31:28 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 878   Go Up