Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350084 times)

0 Members and 143 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9735 on: May 11, 2011, 07:33:46 pm »

The world needs more German Goo Girls jokes. And what about their production values? Hire a lighting guy, already.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9736 on: May 11, 2011, 07:57:42 pm »

Excellent.

In the Bill & Ted way, not the Monty Burns way.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9737 on: May 11, 2011, 10:59:33 pm »

Holy cats - I wish I'd been there, smick. Maybe next time?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9738 on: May 11, 2011, 11:16:07 pm »

I'm celebrating Dr. Sodomy's birthday today!

We probably don't need to discuss how.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9739 on: May 12, 2011, 12:51:12 am »

Smick, that is so rad. Awesome, man.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9740 on: May 12, 2011, 01:38:00 am »

Today I'm gonna receive my hardback copy of Wombat's book in the mail!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9741 on: May 12, 2011, 01:56:35 am »

Today I'm gonna be confused when I can't find the "like" button here! It is the saddest thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9742 on: May 12, 2011, 02:29:36 am »

Holy cats - I wish I'd been there, smick. Maybe next time?

It looks like the 25th is the next night I'm going to put myself in the queue.   I won't know if I have a slot until 7:30, with the show at 8.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9743 on: May 12, 2011, 04:54:59 am »

Radicool, Mr. Smick!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9744 on: May 12, 2011, 05:38:40 am »

The sloppy line made a man laugh on the other side of the world, job done.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9745 on: May 12, 2011, 07:55:07 am »

You kicked it in the ass Smick!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9746 on: May 12, 2011, 01:28:44 pm »

Good stuff.

Quote
At that point, that should have been my 3 minute mark, but the light hadn't even gone on.

I have toyed recently with the idea of trying stand-up, but I'm pretty sure my material wouldn't last long enough.  Also, probably not funny enough.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9747 on: May 17, 2011, 01:01:16 am »

ACE OF BIRTHDAYS! ACE OF BIRTHDAYS!
I'm not going to sidetrack a man's birthday thread, so I'll drag this into here.

Last night my two-month-old daughter was hiccuping (which she will sometimes do for 20 minutes at a time). I suggested to my wife that she could distract the hiccupping lass with some singing. So my wife started singing Ace of Spades including some lyrics from the verses or whatever and not just the refrain. It was something.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:11:42 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9748 on: May 17, 2011, 01:11:52 am »

Today, I worked outside at my store. We have this new (stupid.) thing where you can sit at a table outside and I will come serve you a hamburger or whatever.

I had three customers over the course of my 8 hour shift.

But, anyway, the assistant manager came out and said "you look really bored. Don't you have an ipod or something? I won't tell anyone. Just don't do it when the other managers are here."
This will result in having even fewer customers. The problem is already that I am a dude in a Schnucks uniform leaning against the wall in front of the store. Adding headphones... I may as well be smoking a cigarette and frowning at each customer.

Also: This product name/image almost made me cream my jeans.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9749 on: May 17, 2011, 03:03:27 am »

I just bought my 1st laptop. I'm kind of freaked out. I'll miss having a 10-digit keypad
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 648 649 [650] 651 652 ... 878   Go Up