Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349720 times)

0 Members and 150 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9840 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:14 am »

I went out for try #3 at standup, and didn't get a time slot.

It burns... it burrrrrrrns.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9841 on: June 01, 2011, 06:26:55 am »

I went out for try #3 at standup, and didn't get a time slot.

It burns... it burrrrrrrns.

Do you have the shakes now? Gotta hit that pipe?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9842 on: June 01, 2011, 07:19:50 am »

Kinda, yea.   I did the hour and a half where I have an internal meltdown over my material and how it is shit and awful, plus it is bad.

Then, I'm not on the schedule, and suddenly:  I HAD COMEDY GOLD YOU ASSHOLES!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9843 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:45 am »

Philistines.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9844 on: June 01, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »

Fanny pack w/ phone, key and an asp.

You carry a venomous snake? I knew you were tough, but, wow.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9845 on: June 01, 2011, 02:10:31 pm »


Prolly 'cause if you're running in public it's 'cause you're starting block was somebody's bedroom window.


Speaking of burns...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9846 on: June 01, 2011, 03:26:49 pm »

Speaking of burns...

No, no - I make sure everyone is on the same page before I go in the bedroom. Ash, I asked you about visiting Canada, aboveboard like.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9847 on: June 01, 2011, 03:55:07 pm »

Prolly 'cause if you're running in public it's 'cause you're starting block was somebody's bedroom window.

Now THATs comedy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9848 on: June 01, 2011, 10:00:21 pm »

Today I'm gonna go to a restaurant that just opened yesterday that makes poutine and only poutine.  Apparently the line up was over an hour long to get in at lunch, but I'm hoping dinner will be easier as the location isn't residential, meaning there is a mass exodus of office workers before the dinner hour.  Plus I'll be arriving after 7pm, which is sort of past the typical dinner hour also.  We'll see how that goes. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9849 on: June 02, 2011, 01:51:11 am »

I had Country Style - grilled chicken breast strips, bacon, caramelized onions and mushrooms (plus curds, gravy and fries naturally) husband had Triple Pork - pulled pork, bacon and sausage (plus curds, gravy and fries).  Both were distinctly different, but enjoyable.  It was as tasty and as inadvisable as one might imagine.  I'm horribly full.  We brought the dog, as the place faces on to the park I used to walk the dog in when I once worked across the street from the place.  The line was crazy long, but full of cute silly hipsters with fancy hair styles.  The dog was pretty enthusiastic about the whole situation and we broke the rarely broken "no people food" rule which lead to fun.  Now the dog and my husband are basically unconscious and I'm thinking about joining them.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9850 on: June 02, 2011, 02:36:23 am »

Country style sounds fantastic, but I'd go no mush (of course).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9851 on: June 02, 2011, 09:07:11 am »

Well going to bed that early due to food coma had it's price.  It was 3:50 am when I woke up and realized my body was done with sleeping for the night.

Country Style was definitely a good choice, and the mushrooms were fresh and minimal as far as additives go.  I didn't think messing with any custom orders on a restaurant's first full day of business was advised.  Maybe down the road I'd go for some custom poutine - maybe just traditional poutine with added caramelized onions.  That was a fine addition all on it's own.

Ash, sadly the chain - Smokes Poutinerie has only opened franchises as far west as Winnipeg at this point.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9852 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »

So this is news to me. You can get poutine with all different toppings, like pizza or something? Is this some newfangled culinary innovation, or has this always been true?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9853 on: June 02, 2011, 02:15:55 pm »

In my opinion, poutine should only be eaten at 2 AM while drunk.  Preferably in Montreal.

There is a poutine truck in DC, among the bazillion food trucks that are all the rage right now. Haven't tried it yet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9854 on: June 02, 2011, 02:51:21 pm »

Potato Champion is a food cart in Portland that does poutine. This cart has nothing to do with Pig Champion, the late guitarist of seminal Portland punk band Poison Idea.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 655 656 [657] 658 659 ... 878   Go Up