Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350025 times)

0 Members and 152 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9900 on: June 09, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

Speech therapist called in sick; appointment cancelled. The rest of the rush-around-get-shit-done flurry is over. Now I just have to clean my house and wait another 25 hours for the official start of summer vacation.

Saturday's activity: Water balloon/gun/hose/sprinkler fight!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9901 on: June 09, 2011, 07:39:25 pm »

For the first time since I can't remember when, I have only purple flags right now. I have done everything I can do and I am waiting on other slow-ass people to do things.

You say that like it's a good thing. I hate that stuff. I would never mark it with a nice color like purple. Too much of my life is not being able to make progress because slow-ass people haven't done stuff.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9902 on: June 09, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »

True, it is often frustrating, thinking "I have so much crap going on, but look how much of it is dependent on other people taking care of their side of things."  But still.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9903 on: June 10, 2011, 01:22:49 am »



best illiustration ever
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9904 on: June 10, 2011, 04:44:59 am »

Today I will be offered a spot writing for a music blog.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9905 on: June 10, 2011, 11:00:34 am »

Cool!

(For money?)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9906 on: June 10, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »

Cool!

(For money?)

Ha ha! Is there such a thing?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9907 on: June 10, 2011, 03:42:42 pm »

...pop in to hoss up and find out the hosss hadn't been fed yet. So I fed 'em. Then I did three other chores that were looking at me.

Summbitch that toasts my cookies. I'ma wrap things in a blanket early and get back to that derailed plan.

Sometimes . . . sometimes I don't know what you are talking about. I think it is the urban in me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9908 on: June 10, 2011, 03:48:56 pm »

Were the hosss supposed to have been fed already?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9909 on: June 10, 2011, 03:56:55 pm »

My, what a charming image.

You do know it's lunchtime on the east coast, right?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9910 on: June 10, 2011, 04:18:21 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9911 on: June 10, 2011, 04:22:53 pm »

I woulda thought you internet elites had run across that old road apple a time or three thousand.

is a "road apple" the same thing as a "hoss apple"?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9912 on: June 11, 2011, 03:46:16 am »

Ranger IPA is great. That is also the beer that I drank too fast and puked all over the sidewalk outside a bar.

Don't chug a Ranger IPA. Maybe this should be like a man challenge or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9913 on: June 11, 2011, 04:12:21 am »

yeah. I went through a long period of trying beer, and drinking beer at parties, and thinking it tasted like rotten piss.

Then one day I tried a beer and realized "oh hey, I like this. This tastes good."
Since then I have rapidly advanced to being stupidly picky about beer. The more I drink different beers, the more I notice certain "off" flavors in beers I used to like.
 Sometimes I want to condition myself to love cheap beer again. I could save so much money.

It wasn't that bad until my friends all became really into going to bars. Paying $6.50 for a six-pack of great beer is fine. Paying $3 or 4 plus tip for one nice beer is... horrible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9914 on: June 11, 2011, 04:59:10 am »

yeah, finding an excuse to make people just come to my house all the time sounds about right.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 878   Go Up