Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349747 times)

0 Members and 149 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9915 on: June 11, 2011, 05:51:03 am »

Sometimes . . . sometimes I don't know what you are talking about. I think it is the urban in me.
Wasn't there a time when he had his hoss trample a coyote? That was something.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9916 on: June 11, 2011, 06:19:17 am »

fix a couple of gold coin eyes on me right above his hooked pecker.

Seven-kinky!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9917 on: June 11, 2011, 06:26:42 am »

wait, no, there was no sarcasm there. I have been trying to figure out how to get people to hang out at my house instead of going out to bars. Reading my post again, I did not express this well.


So, STL is split roughly in half by Delmar Boulevard. There is a weird one-way segregation where South of Delmar has blacks, whites, asians, hispanics... but north of Delmar basically only has black people. Maybe the rest of the south side is more segregated... my neighborhood is mostly black, despite being in the "white" side of the city.
The other day I was reading crime statistics by neighborhood, and wasn't sure how to interpret the fact that there have been 2 murders in my neighborhood so far this year. Is that a lot? Very few? 7,211 residents, so that sounds pretty good to me I guess.

110 out of the 144 murders in STL last year took place north of Delmar, which has a little less than 1/3 of the population.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 06:38:06 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9918 on: June 11, 2011, 07:02:20 am »

Black people like to shoot one another.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9919 on: June 11, 2011, 03:33:30 pm »

I am so, so, so confused about how 1/3 of the city population lives up there. I am clearly going to visit the wrong areas, because the areas I have seen are like... collapsed houses leaning against each other.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9920 on: June 11, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »

People live in collapsed houses.  That is a thing.  Unfortunately.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9921 on: June 11, 2011, 05:48:33 pm »

I would take out "like to", above. They shoot each other, but I'm not sure it's for enjoyment purposes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9922 on: June 11, 2011, 11:27:58 pm »

Today I'm going to run a 10km fun run that's raising money for youth suicide.

Can you afford 200 dollar nikes youth suicide, can you?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9923 on: June 12, 2011, 01:37:50 pm »

Yesterday we went to the county fair.  We got there a little after noon.  I expected to leave around 5 or 6.  Instead, we were there until 8:30.  The girls rode hell of rides and had a grand time, but holy crap were their parents worn out.

So today I'm gonna sit around the house and do very little.  At least until it's time to grill up dinner.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9924 on: June 12, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »

hmm.

went to world naked bike ride after party. Felt a little weird about being fully clothed. Saw a few friend's c*ckes. No breasts that I knew, though.

...is there a thing where guys with small dicks are more likely to display them at this kind of event? Like, as some kind of coping thing?

also: at some point, apparently, everyone switched to boxer-briefs without telling me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9925 on: June 12, 2011, 09:04:26 pm »


...is there a thing where guys with small dicks are more likely to display them at this kind of event? Like, as some kind of coping thing?


No, it's just that "average" is smaller than you'd think.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9926 on: June 12, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »

OK, if your answer is that my dick is big, I guess I am pretty satisfied that this question has been answered.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9927 on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:19 am »

Today I'm gonna teach my kids some basic map reading skills. This is gonna come in handy for the rest of the summer, so I wanted to get this one out of the way early. I am really impressed with how much my six-year-old picked up.

After they'd learned the basics, the Present Pirates came and left treasure maps, and the kids followed the maps to collect their booty. It was fun.

Earlier today, we also went to see a Taiko drumming performance. My brother-in-law joined the group recently, but I've seen them perform a number of times and they are tons of awesome. They perform annually at the state's Independence Day celebration, I'm looking forward to seeing them again next month.

They invited people to go up on stage and drum along at one point, and we took the kids up, and Boyface was actually able to listen and follow their rhythms. I was pretty impressed by that; previously when we've done that kind of thing he just wants to bang on the drums as loudly as possible. I think today has been a good indication of how much he learned in his first year of Kindergarten.

So, today was basically made of win.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9928 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47:02 am »

Earlier today, we also went to see a Taiko drumming performance. My brother-in-law joined the group recently,

Ooo, I have always wanted to try that. It looks like so much fun, and like the perfect non-boring form of exercise.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9929 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:17 am »

Ooo, I have always wanted to try that. It looks like so much fun, and like the perfect non-boring form of exercise.

You should do it! I was actually thinking as I was watching, "I bet Wombat would dig this."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 878   Go Up