Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349109 times)

0 Members and 207 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9930 on: June 13, 2011, 01:24:00 am »

JL, that sounds like a fun day. I had an absolute blast as a kid doing the outdoor stuff (especially maps) in scouts. Not saying this would be perfect for your kids down the road, but the stuff I got to do is stuff that I look back on with a lot of fondness.

Ash, that sounds like a fun evening!
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9931 on: June 13, 2011, 01:26:53 am »

I built a PC for my folks yesterday. It wasn't too bad, only took a couple of hours because I haven't done it in ten years. Next up: beastly machine for myself.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9932 on: June 13, 2011, 01:35:28 am »

lprkn, we're planning on putting Boyface in Indian Guides (I guess they call it Y Guides now) next year for some papa-boy bonding time. Our county has a chapter specifically for kids with autism, but since he's going to be mainstreamed at school we might put him in with the typicals there, too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9933 on: June 13, 2011, 01:47:03 am »

my brother and sister did "Indian Guides" and seemed to like it a lot. I did cub scouts and I think I hated it. I don't really remember.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9934 on: June 13, 2011, 01:55:15 am »

Videos of my kids playing taiko and of the map day wrap-up are on the Facebook, for those who have access there.

Should I post them here? Is there anyone who cares who is not also on Facebook?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9935 on: June 13, 2011, 02:44:39 am »

i was in boy scouts.  no dad to do the shit with, but the leaders i had were rad dudes.  it was still fun, but i mostly just wanted to go camping and giraffeing and shoot guns with the other kids*.  i didnt really care about the advancement/ranking system.

once, i totally got punk'd when one of the older kids told me to go find the "left-handed smoke-shifter" in his dads truck.  i looked for about half an hour before someone came and got me.  i got "revenge" by accidentally making tomato soup with water that i fetched in buckets that had had some sort of dangerous farm chemical in them.  that was a bonehead move, but seriously, who has buckets hanging around a campsite that are unsafe to use for fetching water and doesnt tell the first-time camper about it?

*other fun stuff: building a rope bridge and having competitions to see who could cross it faster, having a who-can-cook-the-coolest/best-tasting-food-on-or-in-the-campfire contest, etc.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9936 on: June 13, 2011, 03:02:03 am »

Moral: Don't fuck with GKA. He will stone-cold ice you.

Also, Ash is a barrel of laughs on drinking island.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9937 on: June 13, 2011, 01:13:36 pm »

i was in boy scouts.  no dad to do the shit with, but the leaders i had were rad dudes.  it was still fun, but i mostly just wanted to go camping and giraffeing and shoot guns with the other kids*.  i didnt really care about the advancement/ranking system.

Please tell me you were in troop 127 at Falling Spring.  That would be awesome.
I was in Boy Scouts, but the enjoyment I got out of it was due to it being a thing I could do with my friends.  I didn't necessarily like Boy Scouts per se.

Our version of the "left-handed smoke shifter" was to send a new kid to a neighboring campsite to ask if they had any extra umbilical cords.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9938 on: June 13, 2011, 02:49:55 pm »

I met the doctor interviewed in this story.  He's like, a friend of mine now.  Awesome!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9939 on: June 13, 2011, 03:25:14 pm »

Please tell me you were in troop 127 at Falling Spring.  That would be awesome.

no, i was in the LDS troop 341.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9940 on: June 13, 2011, 07:10:04 pm »

Sorry to hear that Ash.

I was also crying in the bathroom at work today, but for reasons unrelated to voice-mail.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9941 on: June 13, 2011, 07:39:31 pm »

Today I'm going to walk halfway across town to drop of my sweetheart's keys. I could drive, but I don't feel like it. Tonight I'm going to have a guitar lesson, and then watch hockey. First lesson since I got the Lester.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9942 on: June 14, 2011, 12:37:19 am »

Fortunately, I was on the listening and not the crying end of the deal.

I like that I assumed it was you who was crapping.  That is directly where my mind went, without even a moment of questioning.  Probably because I had basically just come back from crying in the bathroom myself when I read that.

Today I'm gonna return from a meeting and find the only other coworker in the office also crying.  Fuckin' bad day.  Brutal.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9943 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:06 am »

I assumed that he was the cryee/cryer as well. I think it was because of the my/might typo. Also the fact that he knew the gender of the person who left the message.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9944 on: June 14, 2011, 01:50:08 am »

You know that commercial where the guy drops his phone into the urinal? Yeah, guys at my work talk on their phone whilst standing in front of the urinal all the time.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 661 662 [663] 664 665 ... 878   Go Up