Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348861 times)

0 Members and 221 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9945 on: June 14, 2011, 03:07:54 am »

I'm pretty sure once I walked into the apartment to find my old roommate skyping while taking a shit. Still pretty confused and upset about that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9946 on: June 14, 2011, 05:54:01 am »

Our version of the "left-handed smoke shifter" was to send a new kid to a neighboring campsite to ask if they had any extra umbilical cords.
How unsettling would it have been if they'd had a few to spare?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9947 on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:02 pm »

I take my netbook into the bathroom with me. Sometimes even into the tub. (I have a tray designed for reading in the tub that holds ol' M.A.R.Go.T. nicely. Yes, I named my computer. After a fictional supercomputer.)

I know for certain I have chatted with Cort from the tub at least once.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9948 on: June 14, 2011, 09:49:16 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9949 on: June 14, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »

We are on opposite sides of that tilt. I don't need any Boston fans ever celebrating a championship again.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9950 on: June 15, 2011, 12:36:03 am »

...get a Kindle in the mail. But after two days of beating my head against my mp3 player, I'm too tired to do anything but plug it in to charge. Even the cover comes with instructions.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9951 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:40 am »

my dad super-loves his Kindle. He says it basically saved his life when he was having to fly up to DC or NYC every week.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9952 on: June 15, 2011, 02:34:09 am »

I've used a friend's and I liked it. It's very comfortable to use. There are things I wouldn't use it for - like a reference book that I needed to flip around and jump around in, I'd still want on paper. But for any regular book that you want to start at the beginning and end at the end, I had very few issues with it. And those issues didn't outweigh the advantage that I won't have to find room for the books on my bookshelves. And if I travelled a lot I'd have bought one a lot sooner.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9953 on: June 15, 2011, 03:29:57 am »

my friends are all really into turntable.fm but it is just making me stressed out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9954 on: June 15, 2011, 03:52:33 am »

my friends are all really into turntable.fm but it is just making me stressed out.

You and your friends are nostalgic for a past you never experienced.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9955 on: June 15, 2011, 03:53:32 am »

I mean, we worked at a radio station where we played records for people. I do not really see what you are saying here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9956 on: June 15, 2011, 05:13:27 am »

You know that real radio stations don't play records anymore.  They haven't for a long time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9957 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:54 am »

I don't really care whether "real" radio stations play records. I don't like those radio stations. The one I worked at did. Because we like records. Also, this is a website where you play mp3s over the internet.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9958 on: June 15, 2011, 11:23:22 am »

Which model, wombles, the DX or the Wifi (or the +3G)?

Were there that many choices? I got the cheapest one. I already have the internet in my pocket on the phone, so I don't need to do anything with the Kindle except get books. I spent half an hour trying to decide which cover to buy (and ended up with plain black) but it only took five seconds to know I did not need a fancier version of the device itself.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9959 on: June 15, 2011, 01:21:15 pm »

I already have the internet in my pocket on the phone, so I don't need to do anything with the Kindle except get books.

Oh yeah?  I have the Kindle software on my phone.  Woooo!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 878   Go Up