Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349062 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9990 on: June 18, 2011, 12:31:55 am »

Oh man, don't watch those videos. I mean, watch the first thirty seconds or something, but not the whole thing. Well, except for the Queen one. I didn't even watch any of the NIN ones all the way through.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9991 on: June 18, 2011, 12:39:25 am »

The videos were more to point out how Trent Reznor happened upon an old Queen album and finally figured out what he wanted to do for a living - make abrasive, aggressive industrial music palatable for young consumers with lots of disposable income. I should have done a little starter with Ministry and the progression from New Wave dance band to lite-industrial, but it didn't occur to me earlier.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9992 on: June 18, 2011, 03:02:43 am »

The older cover by nin is fuck*ng rad until that ring modulator comes in.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9993 on: June 18, 2011, 03:54:38 am »

Quote
Isn't "I thought it was my day off" an explanation?
The only explanation that actually counts is:
  • I'm sick, and can't make my shift that is 3 or more hours from now


I mean, it is different if it is an emergency.

It ended up no one cared. I think they mostly use it to nail people they already don't like. Also, apparently normally they call people and say "hey, how come you aren't at work? Come in." They ended up asking me to come in today (the day that was supposed to be my day off).

This came out pretty awesome even though I did a bunch of steps wrong. A little too sweet because I used shredded sweetened coconut. Oops.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 05:22:49 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9994 on: June 18, 2011, 06:15:42 am »

Well that backfired. In my defense, I had a fair amount to drink last night. I got the reference but forgot Ray actually said $200 and was thinking there's no way you spent that much on a pair of running shoes. Also forgot that the US and Australian dollar are pretty close in value anyway.

Heh no worries, I wouldn't even have gone to the trouble of pointing it out except that up until a couple of years back one of my dollars only bought about 75 of your cents, so it's kind of a point of pride now.
Also, yeah I bought my running shoes for not very much money going on four years ago, youth suicide could almost certainly afford however much they are worth now (i.e. nothing).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9995 on: June 18, 2011, 04:36:07 pm »

Yes. Except there's some HR lingo you can attach to it that basically results in a canning without getting sued or taken to a labour board.

permanent lay-off was how they got me....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9996 on: June 18, 2011, 08:27:00 pm »

I'm gonna give GKA the benefit and assume he was a faceless pay stub  that had to come out of the overhead instead of someone they actively worked at getting rid of.

pretty much
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9997 on: June 20, 2011, 12:47:53 am »

... delete something erroneous from a Wikipedia page.

How did I get to be this old having spent this much time on the Internet without realizing that you can edit a Wikipedia page without even signing up for an account?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9998 on: June 20, 2011, 01:18:49 am »

How did I get to be this old having spent this much time on the Internet without realizing that you can edit a Wikipedia page without even signing up for an account?

Really?  I didn't know that either.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #9999 on: June 20, 2011, 03:24:53 am »

Today (we're) going to come up with our first song. Pretty psyched.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10000 on: June 20, 2011, 07:54:26 am »

my roommate was in a wikipedia edit war for a while, because he created a page for Jeff the Brotherhood and this guy kept deleting it. He had all sorts of links to magazine articles about them, but the guy's argument was basically "I've never heard of this band, or those magazines, so they can't be that notable."
Finally someone else got involved... now the band is in Rolling Stone, so I guess that would have solved it anyway.

I risk sounding like a stereotype by saying this, but of course they are getting big now that they put out an album that is way worse than their previous one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10001 on: June 20, 2011, 04:37:38 pm »

I risk sounding like a stereotype by saying this, but of course they are getting big now that they put out an album that is way worse than their previous one.
Nah, the stereotype will be when you tell us you hate them because their new albums are commercial sell-outs.

:)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10002 on: June 20, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

I don't know - "their earlier stuff is better" is a pretty solid trope.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10003 on: June 20, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »

To be honest, it isn't any more commercial. Nothing I've heard sounds as high-energy as their first album, and the "single" so far is trying way too hard to be "emotional" and "mature." Gross. Come on guys, you are really good at sounding like Black Sabbath or something, stop writing songs about being worried about your friend's mom.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10004 on: June 20, 2011, 09:19:02 pm »

Maturity sucks.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 878   Go Up