Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348848 times)

0 Members and 220 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10020 on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:57 am »

I was mostly responding to LFM's thing about how if you only have one album in you, you are not cut out for a creative field. Part of the problem is definitely this idea that bands have to "progress." I am OK with bands that are really good at doing one thing, as long as I like that one thing.


Today, the guy who writes a blog I like walked up to me at work and said "hey, don't you know ******? I saw a picture of you on his Facebook page. Cool! I thought I recognized you from somewhere, and I wasn't sure where!"

Then I went to my favorite BBQ place, and this time the cashier just gave me everything for free.

Basically, I am famous.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10021 on: June 22, 2011, 02:45:56 am »

However much creativity you have in you, it's good to get it out there.  Even if it sucks.  If it's sincere and it's yours, why you just spell it any old way you want and the good lord will provide.  If some other people like, well that's just gravy.  And if you make money doing it, AMAZING. 

The important thing is to create.  The rest is all hot air and gorilla dust.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10022 on: June 22, 2011, 02:47:42 am »

Also, nobody should become a lawyer.  Purely from an objective standpoint, it's almost certainly a poor career choice at this point.  There are better ways to invest your time, energy and cleverness.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10023 on: June 22, 2011, 03:11:23 am »

so many of my friends are saying they are going to go to law school, and I just don't understand what they are thinking. Maybe they don't read the same news I do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10024 on: June 22, 2011, 04:07:04 am »

Even if you don't have creativity, put out crap. Who gives a fuck?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10025 on: June 22, 2011, 11:25:55 pm »

Shopping for cars is fuck*ng infuriating. Don't try to buy a Honda right now.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10026 on: June 23, 2011, 05:13:05 am »

Shopping for cars is fuck*ng infuriating. Don't try to buy a Honda right now.

Car shopping is one of the worst endeavors that anyone willingly enters into.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10027 on: June 23, 2011, 05:14:25 am »

Today I am going to be made aware of this and I am going to try to figure out how to make it happen for me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10028 on: June 23, 2011, 07:02:19 am »

Today I am going to be made aware of this and I am going to try to figure out how to make it happen for me.

Dammit, I thought that was going to be a new sex position.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10029 on: June 23, 2011, 07:55:09 am »

Not in this thread, mister.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10030 on: June 23, 2011, 12:06:35 pm »

woke up way too early to go catch the bus to Chicago. I always get really paranoid about missing my bus/plane/whatever, and taking the (city) bus to get to the (mega)bus only makes it 10 times worse. If I left my house right now I would get to the station an hour early. Probably not the worst thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10031 on: June 23, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »

Today I am going to be made aware of this and I am going to try to figure out how to make it happen for me.

I had one of those, but it got stolen.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10032 on: June 23, 2011, 07:58:14 pm »

Hopefully he wore gloves.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10033 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:41 pm »

Hopefully he wore freshgloves.

also, thats what you get for going to Subway, Asserdan.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10034 on: June 23, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »

what i meant was, caveat emptor, etc..
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 667 668 [669] 670 671 ... 878   Go Up