Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349063 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10035 on: June 24, 2011, 07:20:16 am »

I had one of those, but it got stolen.

At least it wasn't in the cab of the truck when you wrecked it and destroyed your Rick - you might have been killed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10036 on: June 24, 2011, 07:57:11 am »

At least it wasn't in the cab of the truck when you wrecked it and destroyed your Rick - you might have been killed.

There was an amp in that truck. A Peavy TNT 100.  It got a nasty cut in the speaker cover and a lot of scrapes, on the box, but was otherwise unharmed.  12-13 years later It was stolen the same time as the Marshall.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10037 on: June 24, 2011, 03:43:11 pm »

Man, amps are heavy.  I would steal light stuff. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10038 on: June 24, 2011, 04:18:13 pm »

Man, amps are heavy.  I would steal light stuff. 

They stole the light shit too.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10039 on: June 24, 2011, 08:17:26 pm »

Next week I am going to catch a motherfuck*ng giraffe, then I am going to clean it, cook it, and eat it.  JUST YOU WAIT.  I may even catch MORE THAN ONE. And eat them ALL.  I am absurdly excited about this.

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10040 on: June 24, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »

Next week I am going to catch a motherfuck*ng giraffe, then I am going to clean it, cook it, and eat it.  JUST YOU WAIT.  I may even catch MORE THAN ONE. And eat them ALL.  I am absurdly excited about this.



It's always fun to wonder if, just this once, a post like this wasn't the result of the autofilter.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10041 on: June 24, 2011, 08:44:38 pm »

Salt water. We're going to the Outer Banks next week. Our house is right on the sound side. Speckled trout FTW.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10042 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:12 pm »

It's always fun to wonder if, just this once, a post like this wasn't the result of the autofilter.

If it wasn't, there had better be photos.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10043 on: June 24, 2011, 10:26:13 pm »

I've been thinking lately that I want to go giraffeing on my folks pier.  It's been a long time.  It's going to be a while longer.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10044 on: June 24, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »

...have I mentioned lately how much I dislike thieves?

I mean, I've walked through all the rationalizations about how it's just stuff and in the greater scheme life and happiness is more important, but when it comes right down to it?

Motherfucker just decided to say "fuck you, dude, this is mine now."

That sort of abnegation of law and social contract makes me think a thief doesn't need to pull the same air I do, y'dig?

Sometimes people get hungry. 

I have been realizing that I can't even find problems with anything in society, just the whole damn thing.  I will never be able to comprehend why shit is set the way it is, or how in the fuck a large enough group of people decided that this is the way it should be.  I always assumed I would see what I call mechanized communism- basically there are not enough jobs making shit so we will restructure our society-but it seems like the haves are fine with those jobs just going away and let the working class figure out how to eat.

What I am saying is I am a fairly moral person, and I see no problem with just taking shit from the people that help keep you down.  Whether they are doing it on purpose or not, they are doing it, so fuck em...  I am not saying fuck you to anyone here, but if someone doesn't have anything and you are loaded and they take your shit, I ain't really going to feel for you.  I think the other thing about it is that people go to jail for fuck*ng decades over this shit.  That is one of my many problems with our society- unless you kill someone on purpose or pull some banking bullshit that fucks everyone pretty hard, you should absolutely not be in jail for more than like 3-5 years.  I think jail can teach you everything it can (this sucks) in a year.

also, I have been listening to this song a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oyx0oiW-tw

It's called Hello, I'm Johnny Credit, and I may have posted it here before.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:38:00 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10045 on: June 25, 2011, 02:36:13 am »

The thing is, though, most of the time, thieves don't steal from the people who are keeping them down. I had my car repeatedly broken into when I lived in a working-class, predominately black neighborhood, and not once since I moved to the upper-middle-class, mostly-white suburbs. There are no modern-day Robin Hoods, sorry to burst your bubble.

Most of the time, someone who is jacking someone else's shit is just hurting other people who are almost as poor and desperate as he is. Because he's a dick, and he thinks he's entitled to stuff he didn't earn.

I'm a total pinko about a lot of things, but theft is wrong in my book, I don't care who you are.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10046 on: June 25, 2011, 02:43:53 am »

Sometimes people get hungry. 

I have been realizing that I can't even find problems with anything in society, just the whole damn thing.  I will never be able to comprehend why shit is set the way it is, or how in the fuck a large enough group of people decided that this is the way it should be. 

Innnnnnnn - errrrrrrrrrrrr - tiaaaaaaaaaa.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10047 on: June 25, 2011, 03:21:03 am »

Today I am going to notice that it is Gearnest's birthday, and while I'm not going to devote a thread to a dude who has 21 posts and hasn't been here in 3 years, I am going to point out that he's got a pretty cool website, especially as so many of us play stringed instruments. Example: Old Joe Clark's banjo.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10048 on: June 25, 2011, 04:27:29 am »

Today I am going to notice that it is Gearnest's birthday, and while I'm not going to devote a thread to a dude who has 21 posts and hasn't been here in 3 years, I am going to point out that he's got a pretty cool website, especially as so many of us play stringed instruments. Example: Old Joe Clark's banjo.

How cool.  I just this minute set my banjo down and happened across this. 

Wish I had a prewar Gibson banjo.  Or a postwar Gibson banjo.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10049 on: June 25, 2011, 04:47:50 am »

Sorry people, especially Ash.  I have been walking dogs for ridiculously rich people (and getting like $400 every two weeks) and it makes me think of this shit.  One person has a refrigerator bigger than my bed.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 878   Go Up