Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348785 times)

0 Members and 219 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10110 on: July 05, 2011, 03:24:37 am »

There is a fountain near my office building, kind of a poor man's Bellagio (it also functions as a poor family's water park), and on more days than not I hear this horrendous rendition of God Bless America at least once. Regardless of the time of year. I just two weeks ago learned that it is sung by French-Canadian Celine Dion. O Canada, fuck off.

Not really, I love you Canada, but that was a cruel thing to do to the world, and your most offensive export after asbestos.

Could it be as bad as this? Warning: not safe for anyone who likes music.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10111 on: July 05, 2011, 03:27:57 am »

Today I am going to get up all happy because it's my last work day, and then find out I fucked a job up pretty badly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10112 on: July 05, 2011, 05:14:13 am »

Man, what if you worked your whole life to make money playing music and you end up doing that.  I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or spit at you for helping to bring this into the world.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10113 on: July 05, 2011, 05:15:27 am »

Wait, I know. 

Fuck off, do something else you soulless fuck. /bill hicks
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10114 on: July 05, 2011, 03:45:28 pm »

Today I'm gonna get back to running after several months of hiatus.  It was so good.  I was only planning on a half hour because I'd been away so long, but I felt so good I went for an hour of a combination of walking and running.  I got the runner's high and I still feel pretty fantastic a few hours later.

 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10115 on: July 06, 2011, 12:24:55 am »

first day back at work after a long weekend with the lady. It was really fun. Way too much beer and yummy food. Had people over for ribs, which were a huge hit. Even my vegetarian friend tried some and loved them! Thanks Alton Brown/Mom.

Yesterday we went to a "cook out" where they only got enough meat for 10 hamburgers. WTF? By the time we showed up they were all gone. I kind of wanted to take back the beer I brought.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10116 on: July 06, 2011, 12:33:05 am »

Heading home today. On another note, we had roasted corn on the cob for dinner at work for the 4th, and it was pretty good. They are starting to do a lot better on the food up there.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10117 on: July 06, 2011, 04:55:00 am »

it is almost 1am and im watching flea bass videos on youtube.  just what in hell.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10118 on: July 06, 2011, 12:17:30 pm »

I just joined google plus, so now I guess I have another window to obsessively refresh when I'm done obsessively refreshing facebook?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10119 on: July 06, 2011, 03:58:11 pm »

Today I learned that, at least according to ESPN, the Brazilian national anthem doesn't have a name.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10120 on: July 06, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

Well, today I am going to get my bone on.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10121 on: July 06, 2011, 07:24:18 pm »

Six times?

(Alternatively: Well, it IS finally spring time in Portland!))
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10122 on: July 06, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »

Heh, today I'm gonna book my flight up to Vancouver at the end of the month.

Bringing this all home...it's basically so I can get my bone on.

(and a Japadog)

Just don't mix the two.  Hot dogs should be boneless.  Unless you are using "hot dog" as a euphemism for sex, then I guess, bone-in, or whatever.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10123 on: July 06, 2011, 08:59:48 pm »

Argue with the county about my son's school placement, AGAIN, until I am blue in the face, get frustrated, yell at a bitch, get nowhere, and then get a call from a principal that they "magically" found a Kindergarten slot for him at the school he was supposed to be going to in the first place.

It's been an roller coaster of a day, and I'm fuck*ng TIRED.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10124 on: July 07, 2011, 02:53:25 am »

Today I learned that, at least according to ESPN, the Brazilian national anthem doesn't have a name.

That's kinda wack, isn't it? Brazil's national anthem is called... "Brazilian National Anthem".
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 878   Go Up