Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349412 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10155 on: July 09, 2011, 03:29:40 pm »


ALSO: me too, AW. These electric monkees are all CHING CHONG WING WONG in my ears. But whatever, at least they ain't abusing small mammals, y'dig. When's your next gig and where's the damn video already, by the way.

I like electric just fine, I just don't have the money for all the various and sundry expensive gadgets which seem to be necessary.  I have two kids in college, dammit.

No idea when the next gig will be, although we've agreed that there should be some more.  Probably not for a while because my partner woke up with a stomachache Thursday morning. One doctor visit and CAT scan later and by 11 pm he's getting a chunk of his lower intestine cut out from diverticulitis.  But he should be able to practice while he's off work.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10156 on: July 09, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »

How pissed would a man be
if all they got was an MRS degree.

Depends, really.  With one there's about zero likelihood that would happen.  With the other it might be an acceptable thing, depending on the fella.  But I don't think it's likely for either one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10157 on: July 11, 2011, 01:49:38 pm »

Wake up early because I'm excited about having shale delivered.  Is there a term for garden geeks?  I am most definitively a gardening (and landscaping) geek. 

Us too.  Because you brought it up I made a spur of the moment phone video of a quick walkthrough of part of the yard (the part with most of the plants in it!).  It's been very pretty this year, although I don't think the video captures it very well.  Wish I had Paul's mad photog skills.

Part one
Part two
Part three
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10158 on: July 11, 2011, 02:45:27 pm »

knockout roses? we have those. cute dog.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10159 on: July 11, 2011, 03:18:19 pm »

I've got rose of sharon in between my driveway and the neighbors. I didn't realize clematis was pronounced that way; I thought the second syllable was stressed.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10160 on: July 11, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »

I didn't realize clematis was pronounced that way; I thought the second syllable was stressed.

I've heard both, but clem-a-tis sounds more pretentious.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10161 on: July 11, 2011, 05:04:38 pm »

Us too.  Because you brought it up I made a spur of the moment phone video of a quick walkthrough of part of the yard (the part with most of the plants in it!).  It's been very pretty this year, although I don't think the video captures it very well.  Wish I had Paul's mad photog skills.

Part one
Part two
Part three

That's so cool!  thanks for sharing that!

I can really see the difference in climates between your location and mine in those clips - my purple cone flowers and day lilies haven't even bloomed yet!  Living in the inner city means my space is about the size of your pool alone.  I don't have a single tree on my property apart from the one on the boulevard, which is city land.  I'm inspired to make a short tour soon too, but I'll wait until the shale project is done.   Right now the whole thing is in shambles.  We're about half finished putting down the shale.  I was 32 Celsius yesterday, along with high humidity and a UV index of 9, so we got much less done than we had hoped.   Also one of my poppies bloomed and died within a 24hr period due to the heat.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10162 on: July 11, 2011, 05:53:56 pm »

Apparently our heat index yesterday was 111. Yikes.

A nearly puking at work experience has confirmed that something about caffeine does not agree with me. Have been avoiding it, and then drank an energy drink at work yesterday... this was the nail in the coffin of my friendship with caffeine. Jittery and happy for an hour, grumpy for the rest of the day.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10163 on: July 11, 2011, 07:21:14 pm »

Wish I had Paul's mad photog skills.

I took this picture in your garden, but I don't think I was really using mad photog skills at the time.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10164 on: July 11, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »

A long time ago I was a garden geek. Now I'm just someone in an incredibly dysfunctional relationship with my yard/garden.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10165 on: July 12, 2011, 01:43:39 am »

If I have time here in the next few days I would like to do this and post it on my youtube thing. I wish I had a cool name like Frank's.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10166 on: July 15, 2011, 09:40:30 pm »

Today I'ma get six hour of sleep to get up early the saturday after my exams (when I should, by rights, be taking my place as the king of Drinking Island) because there's a group of lower year med students flying up to see the rural hospital and surrounds and we want to put on a good show for them.
Just after I'm taking the freshly baked croissants out of the oven and just as I crack the first egg to start it frying I get a call that their flight got cancelled and they won't be in till 10.

More croissants for me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10167 on: July 15, 2011, 11:45:57 pm »

Crown prince or cage match. Choose wisely.

If the cage match competition is inebriation I'll go toe to toe mister.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10168 on: July 16, 2011, 03:05:22 am »

I, for one, would never accept a drinking contest with an Austrailian.

They are pretty good at drinking down there.

They sent all the championship drinkers from England there and they just been breeding for hundreds of years.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10169 on: July 16, 2011, 03:36:18 pm »

Whoever loses, we all win.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 878   Go Up