Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349366 times)

0 Members and 183 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10200 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:21 pm »

Is this absinthe August?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10201 on: August 05, 2011, 01:08:25 am »

I'll gladly pay you gin Tuesday for a Jägermeister today.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10202 on: August 05, 2011, 03:54:01 pm »

I'll gladly pay you gin Tuesday for a Jägermeister today.

I would make that exchange every time.

Also, for some reason the caps to Jägermeister bottles suck. The threads strip out too easily.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10203 on: August 05, 2011, 05:22:20 pm »

It's what-the-fuck, let's-have-a-drink-Friday.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10204 on: August 05, 2011, 05:38:26 pm »

Ah, the Dan Aykroyd Vodka.  I've had that.  It's good. 

I have gin and beer and hard lemonaid at home, and I'm thinking I'd like to check the "all of the above" box on those.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10205 on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:37 pm »

Ah, the Dan Aykroyd Vodka.  I've had that.  It's good.

My Thoughts
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10206 on: August 05, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »

Today I'm gonna....Fuck Dan Ackroyd right in the neck.

I was thinking, "Man, Ash has ambitions."
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10207 on: August 06, 2011, 12:03:12 am »

did i miss something?  whats so bad about him?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10208 on: August 06, 2011, 01:54:11 am »

He's not a bad guy, it's just that tonight he's going to be giving me some Crystal Head.

if i was into drinking, to own that would be the shit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10209 on: August 06, 2011, 02:51:39 am »

Crystal Head, Herkimer New Yizzie, one town over from where they done grown me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10210 on: August 06, 2011, 05:04:50 am »

My Thoughts

Oh, yeah I would never drink something due to Dan Aykroyd's endorsement or anything, or even because it came out of a glass skull.  It was more of a situation related to the man-child I'm married to, shopping for a gift for his mom.  He thought a glass skull full of vodka was cool, so he bought it for his mom.  I'm all "why are you buying this for your mom"  he's all "my mom likes vodka," and I'm all "but does she like crystal skulls?  That is the real question."  "I think it looks cool."  "then buy it for yourself."  Sadly he bought the vodka for her anyway, and he seemed to really think his mom would for some reason think a skull full of vodka was a high quality mom gift.  I got to seem my mother-in-law do that mom-pretends-to-like-gift from child thing.  When we returned on another visit, long after the vodka had been fully consumed, the poor man asked where the skull was.  His mum had done the kind mom thing of keeping it, but storing it out of sight.  "Did you want it?" she asked hopefully.  "No you keep it, I bought it for you."  I'm glad he "selflessly" left it to her and that she discreetly disposed of it later, or else I have an empty glass skull collecting dust somewhere right now.

When it comes to Paul's photo and story, I'm thinking that there was probably a time in the career trajectory of Dan Aykroyd when such security was necessary.  Kind of sad to see that sort of lack of perspective played out.  Also interesting to imagine how somehow a group of people, including both Aykroyd's people and event coordinator types convinced themselves that somehow, an Art Car show was the place to promote vodka in a skull.  That's sort of a WTF situation right there.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10211 on: August 06, 2011, 06:50:04 am »

When it comes to Paul's photo and story, I'm thinking that there was probably a time in the career trajectory of Dan Aykroyd when such security was necessary.  Kind of sad to see that sort of lack of perspective played out.  Also interesting to imagine how somehow a group of people, including both Aykroyd's people and event coordinator types convinced themselves that somehow, an Art Car show was the place to promote vodka in a skull.  That's sort of a WTF situation right there.

There were also, at least two Ghostbusters cars in the parade as well as a Blues Brother mobile.

Also, I wrote that as a fan of Dan Aykroyd.  I like his work for the most part.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10212 on: August 07, 2011, 01:35:07 pm »

Dude thought that he was in Dallas.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10213 on: August 08, 2011, 03:56:43 pm »

yeah!

Life is good. Today starts my first week of going into grocery job only 2-3 days a week, and interning for no money 3-4 days a week. Lots of ramen, lots of turning down fun, some amount of pride-swallowing and accepting money from parents. I am glad I am in a situation where this can happen.

My old "good friend" roommate decided out of the blue to move out, so now I have a new roommate. I lived with him last summer, and he is a nice guy. He disappears for several days at a time. Apparently riding your bike to work in 100 degree heat is a good incentive to sleep on couches a lot. Another guy is moving in soon. Our apartment will hopefully not descend into a hellpit of BO and stacks of pizza boxes.

Lately I have been playing Dwarf Fortress so much that my friends think we are not friends anymore. I think about it all day at work (the grocery job, not the internship) and can't think of anything to do but turn it on when I get home. It is so unbelievably awesome and complicated and confusing and frustrating. A few weeks ago I spent 2 hours trying to figure out how to irrigate my fields, and when I finally succeeded I was so proud that I had the urge to call my girlfriend and brag (she would not have been impressed). I do not understand how anyone could look at what this game looks like and not want to play it and understand it, but I guess I am just some kind of weird hipster nerd.

The other day I made the best cheap food ever:
1 full lb bag of lentils
some heavy cream
a can of tomato paste
a can of veggie stock
tons of cumin, turmeric, curry powder, salt, pepper, cayenne
= delicious fake daal. So good. I ate it for lunch at work for almost a week.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10214 on: August 08, 2011, 06:12:54 pm »

I do not understand ... what this game looks like

Edited for clarity.

Alternatively: that image has become corrupt.  Please upload another.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 878   Go Up