Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349116 times)

0 Members and 204 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10245 on: August 13, 2011, 04:53:22 pm »

Additional random complaint: our IT people just switched our internal e-mail system so that everything is last, first because it's the "industry standard."

Makes sense if you work for a large organization, less so if you don't.

~200 people
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10246 on: August 14, 2011, 12:16:30 am »

There was just a story in Slate about this (did somebody link to it already?)

No. Here: http://www.slate.com/id/2301228/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10247 on: August 16, 2011, 12:11:39 am »

Does this work?
My new roommate.

I had to cobble it cause I'm on the plane.

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10248 on: August 16, 2011, 02:03:47 pm »

This is a website for a restaurant in my neighborhood.  That site is a fuck*ng tragedy.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:14:36 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10249 on: August 16, 2011, 02:07:25 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10250 on: August 16, 2011, 02:34:15 pm »

Plus, them pies look seven kinds of nasty.

Yeah, I've had their pizza, but not the deep dish.  it was good, but not great.

The Philly Cheese Steak was decent even if it was all wrong.  The Pastrami was terrible.

Once, for breakfast I ordered their Ranchero omelette which I assumed was an omlettic twist on Juevos Rancheros.  I love salsa on an omelette so I thought this would be great.  The ranchero sauce was marinara with jalapenos in it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10251 on: August 16, 2011, 03:11:43 pm »

Sometimes our local CiCi's puts out macaroni and cheese pizza.

Yes. Cheese-covered starch layered on cheese-covered starch. It's a little bit horrifying, but you can't look away.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10252 on: August 16, 2011, 04:53:37 pm »

in re: Excel vs. Word...

I had to map out a bunch of addresses recently in some Geocoding software.   The person gave these addresses to me in a Word file.  

This left me to either plot them out one by one, OR to take them into Excel, convert them into row and columns (since they used a really jive method of putting them into Word.) then running a piece of software I have that turns the addresses row by row into Lat/Long, and then into MapInfo.  

Had they given that to me in Excel, it would have been a quick conversion to Lat/Long, and then mapped out.   Keeping info organized in a word processor makes as much sense to me as writing a letter to someone in a spreadsheet.

Sure, Word gives you a nice blank space to type the addresses into, but Excel gives you some tools to DO something with the addresses once you're done.   Alphabetize by first OR last, Filter: "Show me all the addresses in 97045", Vlookup, PivotTables...

Also: Since it's been too long since I've blog posted in this thread...ADDITIONALLY... and I add at the outset, I'm FINE.  I'm feeling A-OK, ACES 10.

I was house sitting and had some beers before bed.  That woke me up at 3:30 for a trip to Pottyton.  When I turned on the bathroom lights, THIS is the horror I saw in the mirror and l exclaimed "HOWY FIT!"

(My mouth is ostensibly closed in this picture.)


But, I had a big thing I had to get to today: I had a MINOR role on IFC's Portlandia this morning with a call time of 7am and was afraid I was going to show up and be a giant monster face.  So I laid back down and freaked out about what to do about it. I can't show up looking like some kid of elephant man.  So I got up, and started consulting Dr. Google.   This lead me to take two ibuprofen (Yea...that'll take care of it).  Then I started googling things like "SWELLING MALARIA" and just generally starting to completely go out of my gord.  "THIS IS IT.  I'M DYING OF SOME WEIRD DISEASE!"  (Hindsight Protip: Not weird, and had I chosen to ignore it and go to sleep...yes, possibly fatal.)  So, I decided on with my 7a call time, I should shower, dress, go to the hospital and try the ER route.   ERs are TERRIBLY slow.   But, it was 4a so MAYBE the bar rush was over...

So I got up and showered and I shaved... which... I wasn't ready for the drool factor. My lips were all pouty and drooly, and I had to stuff my lip INTO my mouth to shave my soul patch.

So then I got dressed, took a picture for Facebook (above) and headed out to the hospital. Just before I left, I called Ladyfriend and woke her up, and tried not to sound too freaked out, and tried to speak clearly through my mumblemouth. I got her to text me a picture of my Insurance card, and drove to the hospital.

I walked in to the lady at the front desk and EVERY person I interacted with gave me a split second of human interaction before the professional side kicked in. "WhaaHOW can I help you sir?"

"I fink ahm habin an aweegic weeachun."

Friends: If you ever want to skip to the front of the line in the ER: Heart attack or GIANT VISIBLE ANAPHYLAXIC SWELLING.

Near as we can tell it was shellgiraffe introduced into my curry last night (boo!) or the bag of airplane peanuts Zeb left at Ben and Rachel's where I was watching their dog.

But like...almost everything I eat is peanuts.

Over the course of the next 2 hours, they gave me an Epishot, and were bringing in their doctor friends to marvel at my face.  I heard them joking outside in the ER with the doctor, "HEY, GOOD JOB DIAGNOSING THAT ALLERGIC REACTION... IT WAS SUBTLE... YOU COULD HAVE MISSED IT."  I shared with them the text I got from Ladyfriend when I told her I was OK, and at the hospital and that she should go to bed.  "Ok...I love you even though you look like a freak"

The Nurses and Doctors were telling me I needed to skip work, and that they'd give me a note.   When I told them "I have to be on set at 7 for a call time on Portlandia"  They were all, RAD!  OK!  We'll make it happen, and pushed some steroids in addition to the Epinephrine.  I made it to the set at 6:45!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:56:46 pm by smick »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10253 on: August 16, 2011, 05:18:08 pm »

That was a fun story! Do things like that more - I enjoy it!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10254 on: August 16, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

It works pretty good if you're actually carrying some of your parts in your hand, too.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10255 on: August 16, 2011, 05:30:09 pm »


I was house sitting and had some beers before bed.  That woke me up at 3:30 for a trip to Pottyton.  When I turned on the bathroom lights, THIS is the horror I saw in the mirror and l exclaimed "HOWY FIT!"

I was all ready to post this:

You sleep in a tweed sports coat?

and then I reached this line:

Quote
So then I got dressed, took a picture for Facebook (above)

So, uh, thanks for clearing that up for me, I guess.  Or something.

Hope your face reverts to its former shape soon.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10256 on: August 16, 2011, 05:41:52 pm »


You sleep in a tweed sports coat?

To steal from 30 Rock:  What? Do you think I'm some kind of farmer?

But you know... as a GENTLEMAN, I take the time to shower, shave and dress properly before going to the hospital. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:53:31 pm by smick »
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10257 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:10 pm »

today im going to realize that i have 2 more weeks of class and then i graduate 2 weeks after that.  its hard to stay focused and motivated, but i have 2 final projects to work on(a flash website and a mock-interview).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10258 on: August 20, 2011, 01:21:25 am »

A remake of Straw Dogs? That's fuck*ng stupid.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10259 on: August 20, 2011, 03:21:10 am »

A remake of (insert movie name here)? That's fuck*ng stupid.

Fixed that for you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 878   Go Up