Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349436 times)

0 Members and 165 Guests are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10275 on: August 23, 2011, 01:04:53 am »

You had a brutal day JL.  I'm glad I could share Layton's quote with you.

I can't imagine how difficult it is to fight the desire to comfort your son when the need for you to stay away from him is more important to his overall well being.  I'm glad to hear he doesn't melt down very often now.  It's a testament to the fact you've learned what works for him.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10276 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:43 am »

That is pretty heartbreaking. I do not know how a parent would do that. I agree with s_s.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10277 on: August 23, 2011, 02:24:31 am »

I hear that a lot -- "I don't know how you do it" -- but honestly, I don't know what people expect me to do. Sell the kids to the gypsies?

What choice did I have? Ain't nobody gonna raise this kid but me (and Pedro), all I can do is all I can do.

Anyway, apparently when Pedro got home and carried him to the potty for his nightly half-asleep pee, he asked for me. So I guess he's not mad anymore about whatever it is I did to upset him today.

He's woken up crying twice in the last hour; it's hard to get answers out of him, but as near as we can tell, he has a tummy ache. That would explain a few things, I guess. Poor baby.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10278 on: August 23, 2011, 02:48:51 am »

Today we were browsing through Netflix and I saw a movie called "Loving Lampposts" and I was all "hey stop what's that..."  And it turned out they were totally leading me on - it was a movie about people with autism. What I would have much preferred was a movie with that title made by people with autism, because then that movie would have actually would been about lampposts.  Instead, this was just yet another movie about people. I don't care what kind of people they are, there are plenty of movies about people and none about lampposts.

So, please keep raising up those kids to take over the world, JL.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10279 on: August 23, 2011, 02:59:08 am »

I hear that a lot -- "I don't know how you do it" -- but honestly, I don't know what people expect me to do. Sell the kids to the gypsies?

Well, no, I always expect you to do the right, loving, caring thing (unlike that bastard Ash), but this makes me think. I might have had kids if I'd known selling them to gypsies was an option.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10280 on: August 23, 2011, 08:34:31 am »

I'm sure with the right search parameters, pictures of the literal physical loving of lampposts could be found on deviantart.

Probably someone's self-insert fan-fic gender-flipped Sonic-the-Hedgehog-based avatar physically loving a lamppost, no less.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10281 on: August 23, 2011, 12:36:28 pm »

I'm sure with the right search parameters, pictures of the literal physical loving of lampposts could be found on deviantart.

Probably someone's self-insert fan-fic gender-flipped Sonic-the-Hedgehog-based avatar physically loving a lamppost, no less.

I figured it would have Gene Kelly.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10282 on: August 23, 2011, 01:26:17 pm »

See, this guy could totally make that movie, but he'd never be able to talk anyone into financing it.
http://www.forgotten-ny.com/LAMPS/STREETLAMPS%20HOMEPAGE/lamphome.html
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10283 on: August 23, 2011, 01:36:54 pm »

As much as I love the concept that Wombat is more interested in lampposts than people, I feel obligated to point out that, although Pedro has only watched half of Loving Lampposts, he has found it to be (so far) a very good, upbeat, pro-neurodiversity movie that portrays autistic people in a positive way. So it might be worth watching anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10284 on: August 23, 2011, 04:11:24 pm »

See, this guy could totally make that movie, but he'd never be able to talk anyone into financing it.
http://www.forgotten-ny.com/LAMPS/STREETLAMPS%20HOMEPAGE/lamphome.html

God bless obsessive people. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10285 on: August 24, 2011, 01:38:59 am »

Today we were browsing through Netflix and I saw a movie called "Loving Lampposts" and I was all "hey stop what's that..."  And it turned out they were totally leading me on - it was a movie about people with autism. What I would have much preferred was a movie with that title made by people with autism, because then that movie would have actually would been about lampposts.  Instead, this was just yet another movie about people. I don't care what kind of people they are, there are plenty of movies about people and none about lampposts.

So, please keep raising up those kids to take over the world, JL.
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03232007
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10286 on: August 24, 2011, 05:36:54 am »

"Ein Leben ohne Mops ist möglich - aber sinnlos!"
"Life without a pug is possible - but pointless!"

Apparently Vicco von Bulow, who died today, said this. I thought of you all.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10287 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:46 am »

That sounds like something Bill Bailey would say.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10288 on: August 24, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »

"Ein Leben ohne Mops ist möglich - aber sinnlos!"
"Life without a pug is possible - but pointless!"

So true!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10289 on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:43 pm »

The German word for pug is "Mops?" I did not know that, but I'm better for it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 878   Go Up