Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349429 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10290 on: August 26, 2011, 09:09:10 am »

Spend about 30 minutes looking at time zone maps.  My mind is blown by the international date line.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10291 on: August 26, 2011, 11:04:18 am »

Tonight I'm gonna decide at midnight to sleep on the couch because my persistent cough is keeping my poor spouse awake. Then I'm gonna lay on the couch, awake and coughing, for another hour and a half, until the codeine kicks in. Then I'm gonna sleep fitfully for about 5 hours, then suddenly be wide awake because I dreamed I was playing a really cool dice game, and when I woke up I was pretty sure I invented it and I wanted to write down the rules before I forgot them. Then I'm gonna spend an hour doing that, and posting them to G+, and then I'm gonna figure I may as well have breakfast because the sun is starting to come up and I'm probably not going to be able to go back to sleep anyway.

Later, I'm gonna hate myself for being up so late last night and so early this morning, when my kids are driving me up the wall and my spouse is working past suppertime for the 4th night this week. Yuck.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10292 on: August 26, 2011, 07:34:19 pm »

Quote
Spend about 30 minutes looking at time zone maps.  My mind is blown by the international date line.

(s)he gets confused
flying over the date line
her hands turn red
cause the days change at night
 change in an instant
the days change at night
change in an instant

Man, good rock music is not poetry. Not at all. Her hands turn red? I always thought they were saying "do days change to night?" as in, she is confused about what happens when you cross the date-line.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10293 on: August 29, 2011, 03:03:55 am »

Tonight I'm gonna decide at midnight to sleep on the couch because my persistent cough is keeping my poor spouse awake. Then I'm gonna lay on the couch, awake and coughing, for another hour and a half, until the codeine kicks in. Then I'm gonna sleep fitfully for about 5 hours, then suddenly be wide awake because I dreamed I was playing a really cool dice game, and when I woke up I was pretty sure I invented it and I wanted to write down the rules before I forgot them. Then I'm gonna spend an hour doing that, and posting them to G+, and then I'm gonna figure I may as well have breakfast because the sun is starting to come up and I'm probably not going to be able to go back to sleep anyway.

Later, I'm gonna hate myself for being up so late last night and so early this morning, when my kids are driving me up the wall and my spouse is working past suppertime for the 4th night this week. Yuck.

Did you uncircle me? Because I didn't see this
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10294 on: August 29, 2011, 03:21:32 am »

Did you uncircle me? Because I didn't see this

Am I gonna have to do this google+ thing? I . . . really? Goddammit.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10295 on: August 29, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »

Did you uncircle me? Because I didn't see this

It should have shown up for you -- I only posted it to people who had asked to be included in "Hobbies" posts. I'll check again to make sure you're on that list.

Nabu, join ussss....I mean, uh, let me know if you need an invite.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10296 on: August 29, 2011, 04:20:37 pm »

It should have shown up for you -- I only posted it to people who had asked to be included in "Hobbies" posts. I'll check again to make sure you're on that list.

Nabu, join ussss....I mean, uh, let me know if you need an invite.

I got one from someone a month or two ago. I just . . . I don't have time to keep up with two social networking sites. I need to socially network in reality more.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10297 on: August 29, 2011, 05:39:46 pm »

So my new co-worker asserted today, with disturbing surety, that Randy Rhoads was in Black Sabbath. Now, I don't mind someone not knowing what band he was in (or even that he was a guitarist and not a radio personality), but being certain he was in Black Sabbath concerns me. That kind of behavior is on the co-worker stereotype list.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10298 on: August 29, 2011, 06:22:39 pm »

Did you try to correct them or was it a case of why bother?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10299 on: August 29, 2011, 06:41:46 pm »

So my new co-worker asserted today, with disturbing surety, that Randy Rhoads was in Black Sabbath. Now, I don't mind someone not knowing what band he was in (or even that he was a guitarist and not a radio personality), but being certain he was in Black Sabbath concerns me. That kind of behavior is on the co-worker stereotype list.

Sometime I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about, and I'm OK with that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10300 on: August 29, 2011, 07:11:15 pm »

Did you try to correct them or was it a case of why bother?

I disabused him of the notion, and gave plenty of background info so he had to know I knew the fuck I was speaking of, and he still gave me that sideways stinkeye thing. Fuck THAT guy.

Sometime I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about, and I'm OK with that.

Yeah, and me too - I definitely wanted to make it clear that I much prefer someone who doesn't know to someone who doesn't know and fronts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10301 on: August 29, 2011, 09:48:08 pm »

It took me a long time to understand that "Ozzy Osbourne" and "Black Sabbath" were completely separate things. Of course, that "long time" happened when I was 15 or something.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10302 on: August 30, 2011, 12:27:03 am »

I bet you kept your mouth shut about it, though, because it ain't really your bag.

Trivia: most Black Sabbath lyrics are by bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10303 on: August 30, 2011, 01:09:45 am »

Trivia: most Black Sabbath lyrics are by bassist Terry "Geezer" Butler.

I learned this only recently.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10304 on: August 30, 2011, 02:33:21 am »

I learned this only recently.

I first learned it (if I remember correctly) whilst going through the box set (which is so very fuck*ng sweet - every fan should have a copy). There's really plush liner notes that talk about it, and discuss how Geezer was writing all this shit when his marriage was falling apart (later Sabbath). It's pretty interesting, or it was to me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 878   Go Up