Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349448 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10350 on: September 10, 2011, 02:17:05 pm »

Not all of this was the hurricane.  Vermont was flooded by the hurricane, but in the mid-Atlanticit was the rain afterwards this past week that didn't have hurricane winds with it but it was extreme amounts of rain for days on top of places that were already soaked.

The planet is just totally fucked, no one is immune anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10351 on: September 10, 2011, 03:52:19 pm »

We're doing OK in the Carolinas. Enough rain to replenish the reservoirs after the summerlong drought, but no flooding so far.

Not trying to boast, just sayin'...maybe y'all should come to my neck of the woods and chill for a bit.  ;)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10352 on: September 10, 2011, 06:24:40 pm »

I feel a need to brag about Denver too.  It's mild, sunny and we have water and are not floating away.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10353 on: September 10, 2011, 06:35:23 pm »

We are experiencing perfect temps here in the evenings.  But no rain in sight.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10354 on: September 10, 2011, 08:42:19 pm »

[Last weekend] I'm gonna hike to the top of my first legit mountain. Castle Peak in Aspen.

Reppin' Achewood at 14,265':


(It's kind of hard to tell but that's my Ray hoody)


I feel a need to brag about Denver too.  It's mild, sunny and we have water and are not floating away.

I hear that! The weather has been amazing ever since I arrived. East coast, I miss you but certainly not for the weather. Keith, this reminds me, we need to kick it soon.

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10355 on: September 15, 2011, 07:34:38 pm »

Today I'm gonna wish I had read the whole ridiculously long rental contract for this condo at the beach, at least till I got to the part that said I need to bring my own sheets, towels and toilet paper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10356 on: September 15, 2011, 07:36:38 pm »

Fully furnished except for sheets.  That's pretty odd if you ask me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10357 on: September 15, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »

Actually, that's pretty standard at the beach houses we've rented. Usually on the rental agency's web site they're fairly up-front about it (and often offer to rent you sheets from a third party vendor).
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10358 on: September 15, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »

Yes - needing to bring along what is termed "linens" is standard for cottage and beach rentals I've had too, though they've all supplied toilet paper and often a dish towel  and sometimes paper towels.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10359 on: September 15, 2011, 08:19:47 pm »

Yeah, it is really my own fault, this is more like renting a house than a hotel, I should have thought of it, but it's been years since we rented anything like a house.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10360 on: September 15, 2011, 11:03:44 pm »

We've had wildfires near(ish) Portland. (Sorry I'm late.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10361 on: September 15, 2011, 11:39:20 pm »

The other day we were looking at the sun and it was just this giant bloated reddish-orange orb, and it kind of freaked us out, but it was just that the state was burning up.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10362 on: September 15, 2011, 11:59:06 pm »

We've had wildfires near(ish) Portland. (Sorry I'm late.)

I was in Eugene last weekend and while I didn't see any fires, it was pretty hazy from all the smoke. I had flashbacks of these horrible asthma attacks I'd suffer as a child in Eugene.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10363 on: September 16, 2011, 12:08:32 am »

Yes - needing to bring along what is termed "linens" is standard for cottage and beach rentals I've had too, though they've all supplied toilet paper and often a dish towel  and sometimes paper towels.

I still think it's weird.  Why would that particular item not be included?  I wonder...
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10364 on: September 16, 2011, 01:13:46 am »

I guess because many such places are rented out in a consecutive manner, where the expectation is that each renter leaves it the way they found it so the home owner doesn't have to come by between visitors if he or she is unable.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 689 690 [691] 692 693 ... 878   Go Up