Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348824 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10365 on: September 16, 2011, 01:58:53 am »

On winter camp outs it is a thing to do the linen laundry and fold it away in the linen pantry in order not to get charged for the cleaning service lady having to do it and losing the charge from your security deposit.

you sneaky bastards......
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10366 on: September 18, 2011, 06:30:21 am »

...see a comedy show where they got a bunch of comedians and cultural commentators together and ran them through a series of drinking games.

Rachel Maddow mixing cocktails.

John Hodgman laughing so hard he had to briefly leave the stage. Later, my friend Kelly accidentally hit him in the face with a pen.

Ira Glass so fuck*ng blithering drunk he had to be carried to his cab by two people and we clearly saw a vomit bucket being brought in with him.

I was drinking gin with a mime on one of those party buses that is basically a bus tricked out for a prom. There was a petting zoo. A dude got the comedian Eugene Mirman tattooed on his arm.

A comic who was apparently a small character in the last second of The Wire tried jumping off the stage to beat a heckler, screaming "I will fuck you, I will FUCK YOU!"

It was beauty and madness.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10367 on: September 18, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

**Checks to see if she clicked the "I had a dream thread" by accident**
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10368 on: September 18, 2011, 04:28:30 pm »

**Checks to see if she clicked the "I had a dream thread" by accident**

Ha! Me too. And I still think he posted here on accident.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10369 on: September 18, 2011, 07:57:36 pm »

I just set up my DirecTV at home to record the game. Hopefully the results will be such as I won't want to immediately delete it when I get home.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10370 on: September 18, 2011, 11:18:04 pm »

...see a comedy show where they got a bunch of comedians and cultural commentators together and ran them through a series of drinking games.


Fuuuuuuuuck.   I've been people at the Eugene Mirman Comedy Festival tweeting all weekend.   MADDENING.   WANT TO GO TO THERE.

SO HARD.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10371 on: September 18, 2011, 11:23:52 pm »

Dude.

It was fantastic.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10372 on: September 19, 2011, 04:16:14 am »

Ira Glass so fuck*ng blithering drunk he had to be carried to his cab by two people and we clearly saw a vomit bucket being brought in with him.

He does seem like a fuck*ng lightweight.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10373 on: September 19, 2011, 04:55:51 am »

It feels like I drink so much constantly, and yet I still get kind of silly if I drink 1 beer while I'm cooking dinner. What gives?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10374 on: September 19, 2011, 07:17:38 pm »

Because when you're cooking dinner your stomach is always empty?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10375 on: September 19, 2011, 09:43:24 pm »

He does seem like a fuck*ng lightweight.

He was like the nerdy dude hanging out with the cool kids, drinking twice as much as everyone to try and prove he was as cool as they were.

My friend Kelly got a pull of the tequila Glass was drinking, it smelled like DEATH.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10376 on: September 20, 2011, 09:26:48 pm »

When you set up Ozzy and the "Crazy Train" to go off in the morning you should probably take a 5 YO's reaction into account. Spending the rest of the morning explaining that Ozzy is a good guy, not a bad guy, is a drag.

Whoops.

Maybe try this, next time.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10377 on: September 21, 2011, 04:59:06 am »

Today my coworker, who I really really really like, was very emotional at work. He finally went into the VA to sign up for the medical care he is entitled to as a veteran. While he was in the waiting room, the TV was on, and they came on to make the official announcement that DADT is over. He posted this picture on Facebook and Google+ of him holding a photo of himself in uniform when he was 18, and dang. Tearjerker. Knowing him, he had to try REALLY HARD not to do something silly while in the VA office to celebrate.

I wonder why so many gay men work at my store.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10378 on: September 21, 2011, 06:57:00 am »

I have been enjoying reading all the negative reaction to the latest Facebook changes.  People hate change.  Hate it to hell.  I guess it wouldn't matter how it was changed it would be met negatively. 

But quite frankly, from where I sit the changes they've made are noticeable improvements.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10379 on: September 21, 2011, 09:15:56 am »

I liked being able to read all my friends' recent updates, in order, without facebook trying to tell me which were more important than others.

I already determined which recent updates were important by ADDING PEOPLE AS FRIENDS AND ORGANIZATIONS AS LIKES.

I already put in that work. Fuck them for telling me what's supposed to be important in all the things I already delineated as important.

Just trying to make shit more byzantine so that we have to look at more ads for longer while trying to get to what I actually wanna see.

If they wanna put in more ads, just do that shit. Don't confuse fuck*ng everything and then say my experience is improving.

I hadmy facebook experience well under control.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 878   Go Up