Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349178 times)

0 Members and 201 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10395 on: September 23, 2011, 04:07:50 am »

my roommate just got back from his first business trip. He golfed.

weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10396 on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:19 am »

Good part is, if all goes as planned, I'm flying out to Cincinnati on Sunday to train out there. The training will suck, but I love to travel, and I won't spend a dime on transportation, meals or lodging. I've never traveled for work before and I'm pretty fuck*ng excited. Need to find a job where I travel more.

Enjoy Cin City!


my roommate just got back from his first business trip. He golfed.

Fuckin' hipsters, amirite?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 06:23:42 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10397 on: September 23, 2011, 06:37:15 am »

Quote from: miles
Good part is, if all goes as planned, I'm flying out to Cincinnati on Sunday to train out there. The training will suck, but I love to travel, and I won't spend a dime on transportation, meals or lodging. I've never traveled for work before and I'm pretty fuck*ng excited. Need to find a job where I travel more.

Won't you get kinda tired of packin' and unpackin'? Y'know. Town to town. Up and down the dial?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10398 on: September 23, 2011, 10:56:51 am »

Won't you get kinda tired of packin' and unpackin'? Y'know. Town to town. Up and down the dial?

Well, maybe you and me were never meant to be...

Sorry, that came out a bit creepy.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10399 on: September 23, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »

Won't you get kinda tired of packin' and unpackin'?

Well, maybe you and me were never meant to be...

You done wore out your brand new trunk, packing and unpacking your junk.  You're daddy's mad, he done got peeeeeeeeved.  you're gonna change or I'm a gonna leave.

Sorry, that came out a bit creepy.

Apparently it wasn't creepy enough.  Fixed that for you.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10400 on: September 24, 2011, 01:56:39 pm »

I don't know how to find a perma-link to it, but today Google has muppets for Jim Henson's birthday.

Here is the google doodle clearinghouse. Perhaps later they will put it up there? I see they have that Freddie Mercury thing Paul linked.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10401 on: September 26, 2011, 01:52:24 pm »

I don't know how to find a perma-link to it, but today Google has muppets for Jim Henson's birthday.

If you hit L-E-L-E, something wonderful happens with the two on the right.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10402 on: September 26, 2011, 02:31:20 pm »

If you hit L-E-L-E, something wonderful happens with the two on the right.

I managed to make the 2nd from the left flip his glasses off his head, also.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10403 on: September 26, 2011, 07:49:05 pm »

...graduate from college.

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10404 on: September 26, 2011, 07:50:28 pm »

Congratulations Mr. Cool Aide!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10405 on: September 26, 2011, 08:09:42 pm »

Hell of Congratulations!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10406 on: September 26, 2011, 08:13:49 pm »

Congrats! 

;D
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10407 on: September 26, 2011, 10:08:31 pm »

Rock!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10408 on: September 26, 2011, 10:09:08 pm »

Rock!

And that is a comment on GKA's post. I'm not going to rock today.

Well, I'm going to rock a little.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10409 on: September 27, 2011, 03:36:26 am »

Quote from: greenkoolayd
...graduate from college.

HELL YES
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 878   Go Up