Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348995 times)

0 Members and 198 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10485 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:09 pm »

dang, I kind of thought I would get that job.

Continuing to come in here and work for free is going to be kind of frustrating. Time to start devoting hardcore time to looking for other jobs.

I've been in that situation a couple of times and it definitely sucks, but for what it's worth, it was much better in the long run that I didn't get those jobs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10486 on: October 11, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »

What Ash and Wombat said. Stuff has a way of working out. Good luck, though, and I occasionally do resume writing if that's a thing.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10487 on: October 11, 2011, 05:30:00 pm »

I am pretty sure you have edited my resume before.

It is pretty easy to find an upside to not getting a job that would have been paying me, essentially, 4.50 an hour.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10488 on: October 11, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »

Did I? I definitely looked over a term paper and I think I did a resume for Miles, but I don't remember doing yours. Ah, well.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10489 on: October 12, 2011, 02:00:02 am »

Yes, you did. And thanks again. I didn't end up interviewing anywhere because things worked out at my current company, but it's always good to have a resume on hand and I definitely needed a few tips.

That reminds me, I need to update my resume. The department I work for is rumored to have a shorter life span than we hoped, which means my position may not be as secure as I thought. No one thinks it's going to happen till at least 12 months out, and it may not happen at all, but better to be ahead I guess.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10490 on: October 12, 2011, 08:07:05 pm »

Today I'm gonna take the husband to the physiotherapist for a full work up of his injuries post car crash:

Neck and shoulder damage - poor range of motion in both
Invertbras in neck and back stuck in open position - low levels of the necessary fluid to libricate spine to allow for closure or proper range of motion
Damage to one elbow joint
Bones in pelvis dislocated (popped into place by his therapist at an appointment today)
Damage to both knees - extensive fluid retention
Muscular damage to thighs, abdominals and calves

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10491 on: October 12, 2011, 09:05:00 pm »

Yes, but more importantly, when will I get the bone back?  I'll be all bone, bone, bone.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10492 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:55 am »

was it damaged?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10493 on: October 13, 2011, 08:36:43 pm »

...pick up my new spectacles. i got one pair of regular rectangly glasses that look pretty decent on my noggin, and because the second pair had a deep discount and my eyes are super photosensitive, i got a pair of sobchaks.

you know, like these:
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10494 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:22 pm »

MARK IT ZERO!!!
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10495 on: October 14, 2011, 03:24:35 am »

I call those Hedbergs.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10496 on: October 14, 2011, 03:40:00 am »

So we're going back up to Little Falls in a coupla weeks for good. We're broke.

From all the job offers I've applied to, I haven't even gotten a polite form rejection letter.

Adrian was given a job Sunday and then got a voicemail Tuesday saying they decided they couldn't afford it after all.

They put the saw to my brother's skull Tuesday in Pasadena. I'm empty.

The comic I've been talking about is printed and in this apartment but I can't start taking orders on it until I know what address I'll be taking checks to so... soon. Soon on that.

I really like how it came up but it seems small and stupid in the face of everything else.

Who sent me all those graphic novels way back when, I forget, you'll definitely get your copy for free.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10497 on: October 14, 2011, 03:56:26 am »

Strength, man. Let us know when we can get the book. Thinking about you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10498 on: October 14, 2011, 04:13:54 am »

hang in there, LFM.

lord, I am having the grumpiest day I have had in a long time. Ready for the Cardinals to either lose or win the World Series or whatever so I don't have to pretend to care about them for a few months.

I mean, seriously. I try so hard not to be that Angry Nerd who complains about sports. But at this point it's easier to lie and pretend to love them, instead of having yet another conversation about how, no, I actually don't follow baseball, I didn't see the game. Sorry. No, I am not from St Louis.

Are we in high school? I think someone is going to give me a swirly for being a nerd who doesn't follow sports.

Conversation I had the other day:

1:"So, wow, I'm so excited to see the Cards tonight. Have you seen many games?"
me: "no, I haven't seen any, actually."
1: "holy shit! You're telling me you live right here, and you've never gone to Busch stadium???"
me: "Um... yeah. I've lived here for a few years, but I don't really follow baseball"
1: "so, you like basketball or something? Football?"
me: "no. I don't really watch sports."
1: "hockey?"
me: "..."

People are very willing to stereotype me based on my appearance until it comes to the Cardinals. Then their brain says "human being = likes the Cardinals."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10499 on: October 14, 2011, 04:38:13 am »

Address?  Checks?  1980 called, they want their method of payment back.

Get a paypal account and list the books on ebay.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 878   Go Up