Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349984 times)

0 Members and 145 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10500 on: October 14, 2011, 04:40:13 am »

Dude. Hugs.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10501 on: October 14, 2011, 05:28:03 am »

Address?  Checks?  1980 called, they want their method of payment back.

Get a paypal account and list the books on ebay.

Don't force me to use PayPal. Pay Pal can eat a bag or bucket of dicks (its choice).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10502 on: October 14, 2011, 05:31:43 am »

Nabu, are you gonna write a check? I think I've got some checks in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.

Also, sorry things suck for you right now sMets. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10503 on: October 14, 2011, 05:32:47 am »

1:"So, wow, I'm so excited to see the Cards tonight. Have you seen many games?"
me: "no, I haven't seen any, actually."
1: "holy shit! You're telling me you live right here, and you've never gone to Busch stadium???"
me: "Um... yeah. I've lived here for a few years, but I don't really follow baseball"
1: "so, you like basketball or something? Football?"
me: "no. I don't really watch sports."
1: "hockey?"
me: "Buzkashi. Talk to me when you enjoy a sport that involves some risk."

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10504 on: October 14, 2011, 05:33:52 am »

Nabu, are you gonna write a check?

I got checks with Karloff's Frankenstein on them. PayPal doesn't offer that. Fuck PayPal.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10505 on: October 14, 2011, 06:34:05 am »

I hate paypal and have not bought multiple things because that was the only way to pay. 

I have only purchased on thing from ebay- my bass.  It was at some local music store somewhere.  I just emailed them and asked if I could pay with credit card over the phone and they were cool with that.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10506 on: October 14, 2011, 11:51:28 am »

Adrian was given a job Sunday and then got a voicemail Tuesday saying they decided they couldn't afford it after all.

I am not normally a vengeful person but I hope that someone suffers for that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10507 on: October 14, 2011, 02:27:09 pm »

I have used PayPal frequently for several years (I offer writing clients the option to pay that way, which I prefer because I have a business account and an associated debit card, so I can access the funds immediately). I've never had any kind of problem with them whatsoever. I have, however, had my (actually Pedro's) debit card number skimmed and my whole bank account cleared out in less than an hour, three days before Christmas, while we were traveling. We would have been stranded with no gas in West Virginia if we didn't have a credit card to use in the meantime. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10508 on: October 14, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »

Hurry up, States, that is something that would benefit consumers here.

yes exactly and it is the very reason it will not be done
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10509 on: October 14, 2011, 02:56:40 pm »

This lady yesterday yelled at me to give her her card back (after she handed it to me for no reason) and I was really confused about why she was flipping out. Maybe she has heard about people's food stamp cards being skimmed by grocery cashiers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10510 on: October 14, 2011, 03:11:42 pm »

Honestly, we don't know when or how it happened. It could have been a skimmer, it could have been a security breach on a website, it could have been anything. All we know is, we had the physical card, and they had applied the card number and expiry to the magnetic strip on a different card and were using it to buy shit-tons of electronics and gift cards in Cali while we were driving up the W.VA. turnpike.

Our credit union was awesome about it, though. AFAIK they never caught the dude(s), but we weren't responsible for any of it. They even refunded the overlimit fees we incurred when we tried to use the card, not knowing it had been compromised. It's a Visa debit, so it fell under the rules for credit cards, which are more lenient than the ones for debits.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10511 on: October 14, 2011, 04:54:18 pm »

man, Twitter is not a satisfying medium through which to flip the fuck out on someone. 140 characters is not enough if you're going to say Fuck as much as I want to.

It's awesome that you think that Americans need to learn the value of hard work, and that unemployed recent grads should take low-prestige jobs. I probably agree with that second one. yeah, keep on posting about how cities don't need artists and intellectuals, they need factories and craftsmen. YOU ARE GETTING A fuck*ng PHD. HOW ABOUT YOU STOP SHITTING ON OTHER PEOPLE PURSUING THEIR OWN GOALS INSTEAD OF YOUR IMAGINARY ONES.

sorry.

Isn't it a pretty general consensus that there are no jobs in manufacturing? If there were, why would our unemployment rate be so high? Does he really think there are all of these manufacturing and craftsman jobs out there empty, while the unemployment rate for people without college degrees is over 10%?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:05:34 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10512 on: October 14, 2011, 05:19:30 pm »

Honestly, we don't know when or how it happened. It could have been a skimmer, it could have been a security breach on a website, it could have been anything.

It could have been a human being in a store, too. I think that people who are afraid of using their credit card online have no idea how easily I could steal people's credit card info at the store I work at. And do you ever worry when a waiter takes your credit card away from the table to pay your bill?  It does not take a lot of technology, all it takes is a pen and paper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10513 on: October 14, 2011, 05:27:00 pm »

Quote
Wow, yeah. Everyone should have a shitty 'do-what-you-gotta-do' life but me.
Now he is responding saying he has done those sorts of jobs before. Missing the point.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10514 on: October 15, 2011, 05:34:50 am »

I had my identity thefted one time, from someone stealing documents out of my insurance agent's car. Every time something weird has happened with my credit card, though, the company has called me immediately and asked me if everything is ok.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 878   Go Up