Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348639 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10515 on: October 15, 2011, 08:48:34 am »

Who sent me all those graphic novels way back when, I forget, you'll definitely get your copy for free.

*raises hand*
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10516 on: October 18, 2011, 03:02:36 pm »

Wondering how unbelievably unpleasant working 2 blocks away from the stadium is going to be tomorrow. At least it won't be boring!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10517 on: October 18, 2011, 06:42:56 pm »

Just think how much fun you could be having if you would only allow yourself to get caught up in the excitement your city is feeling.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10518 on: October 18, 2011, 07:19:54 pm »

Even my coworkers who love the Cardinals (ie, all of them) are not excited about working during the game and serving endless lines of drunk Cardinals fans. I am glad our team is in the World Series, and I will be glad if they win. Good for them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10519 on: October 19, 2011, 04:48:33 am »

Did I mention my day guy is a Cards fan since Bob Gibson? This has been pretty fun.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10520 on: October 19, 2011, 02:51:41 pm »

Today I'm thinking Jough has a good point and it probably is a good time to buy Apple stock. But I've never had stock before and would have no idea when to sell it. And I'm guessing even after the fall it took yesterday it's still crazy expensive.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10521 on: October 19, 2011, 04:06:58 pm »

The stock market is so fucked right now.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10522 on: October 20, 2011, 02:35:01 am »

Today I'm thinking Jough has a good point and it probably is a good time to buy Apple stock. But I've never had stock before and would have no idea when to sell it. And I'm guessing even after the fall it took yesterday it's still crazy expensive.

Determine how much you expect to gain and how much you can stand to lose, and once you have the ceiling and floor set, have the discipline to get out when either is hit. Anything else takes way too much time and knowledge.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10523 on: October 20, 2011, 03:44:13 am »

Man, that was really disappointing. The store was really low-energy and empty all day. They won, though.

This series coincides with cold weather finally coming out, so everyone today was kind of whiny and buying hot cocoa and chili fixings.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10524 on: October 20, 2011, 07:49:18 am »

We were talking about PayPal somewhere around here.

So, I buy something off ebay. My email address is attached to ebay and to PayPal. My credit card number is attached to my wife's PayPal. It therefore cannot be attached to my PayPal, even though it is my card and was my card before I started dating my wife. Then when I try to contact PayPal about it, the page locks up as soon as I hit "email us". Fuck PayPal.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10525 on: October 20, 2011, 06:49:19 pm »

Kid, if you're too sick to go to school, you're sick enough to need a nap.

I think my son deserves an Emmy for what must have been a very convincing performance this morning, which led to his teacher calling me at 10 AM and asking me to come get him, 'cause he sure as hell isn't acting sick now.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10526 on: October 20, 2011, 07:35:07 pm »

Yeah, well. Either way, he's gonna be real pissed when he finds out that he doesn't get to go to the State Fair tonight because he was "too sick" to stay in school all day.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10527 on: October 20, 2011, 07:56:24 pm »

Yup. If he's truly sick, he has no business being out that late in the cold. And if he's not, it's a natural consequence of his choices. Either way, it completely absolves me of the responsibility of figuring out if he's sick or faking, I can't lose (for once).

And, Pedro is taking the girl, so I get to stay home, eat hot dogs, and watch TV instead of looking at pottery with my in-laws while trying to keep my kids from touching/breaking things. Hooray!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10528 on: October 20, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »

Amtrak is the greatest socialist production I've encountered. Free wifi, juice, coffee, and snacks? I don't care what they say about you, Amtrak, you stay classy.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10529 on: October 20, 2011, 09:37:37 pm »

On the other hand, I am in love with the brilliant capitalism of the Megabus. Amtrak is always too expensive and takes longer than just driving there. If you live in the middle of the country.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 878   Go Up