Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348112 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10725 on: November 18, 2011, 04:20:05 am »

If my uninterested roommate gets a cool job redeveloping historic buildings in the hip part of town because he is good at networking... I will not hold it against him. But I will be unhappy about it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10726 on: November 18, 2011, 06:41:50 pm »

makes me think of this video which I find cuter than it actually is.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10727 on: November 18, 2011, 07:10:37 pm »

If my uninterested roommate gets a cool job redeveloping historic buildings in the hip part of town because he is good at networking... I will not hold it against him. But I will be unhappy about it.

Still, then you'll have a friend doing that job, and that's where networking starts.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10728 on: November 19, 2011, 05:50:20 pm »

so you mighta heard on facebook or the g+ i started a blog
http://thetotaltrek.com/

it's a kind of insane project, but that's what'll make it fun
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:55:27 pm by Choop »
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10729 on: November 20, 2011, 02:58:59 am »

so you mighta heard on facebook or the g+ i started a blog
http://thetotaltrek.com/

it's a kind of insane project, but that's what'll make it fun

Your idea gave me an idea. We'll see if it still seems cool tomorrow before I go broadcasting it, though.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10730 on: November 20, 2011, 09:44:24 am »

Get a new computer.

Man Lion blows
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10731 on: November 20, 2011, 06:10:37 pm »

Well, you kids had fun while I was out of the loop.

There are people in this country who could have pulled hard enough on their bootstraps to rip their boots apart and still not got as far as I did with gentle tugs. Oh well, I'm not half as mad as I would be if I was in the other situation.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10732 on: November 20, 2011, 07:18:44 pm »

Today, I am trying to figure out how to use the Twitter properly.

I am confused as to protocol and somewhat confused as to what the interesting people to add are but...

I'm trying.

Welcome to five years ago, Mike!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10733 on: November 21, 2011, 12:02:59 am »

Today, I am trying to figure out how to use the Twitter properly.

I am confused as to protocol and somewhat confused as to what the interesting people to add are but...

I'm trying.

Welcome to five years ago, Mike!

the three rifftrax dudes are on twitter and theyre pretty funny.  also, andy richter.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:51:58 pm by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10734 on: November 21, 2011, 03:33:09 am »

Hodgman is funny. Tim and Eric are... surprisingly unfunny and annoying.

NYTonIt is kind of funny.

Beyond that: dozens and dozens of STL urbanist bloggers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10735 on: November 21, 2011, 04:38:45 am »

I'm not actually on twitter, but I do read the Star Trek TNG: Season 8 one, which is hilarious.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10736 on: November 21, 2011, 05:55:11 am »

I gave you a tiny can of soda for that, Victoria, only because I cannot give you a million.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10737 on: November 21, 2011, 06:32:01 pm »

Some of my Twitter faves:  @pattonoswalt, @AngryBobbyFlay, @pennjillette, @NekoCase, @Francis_Lam, @drewmagary.

Also, @Oatmeal.  HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10738 on: November 22, 2011, 12:55:37 am »

Get a new computer.

Man Lion blows


I am so pissed at apple right now.  I think I am about to trade in a Mac Book Pro for a sony with a firewire and enough power to run a specific program I need it to run.

I can't decide- get a better mac that cost the same as sony and might work or get a sony that might work.  I would go for the mac every time, except they refuse to ship me a disc that will let a computer originally shipped with snow leopard, then upgraded to lion then purchased go back to snow leopard.  Is it worth it to buy a windows out of hatred of apple?  I can handle their smug overpriced bullshit, but if the product isn't better (my strong suspicion) is it worth it to go with the apple?  I don't know what to do.  If you's guys want to help tell me what to do you have about 20 minutes.

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10739 on: November 22, 2011, 03:24:25 pm »

the missus woke me up today with "hey i read your blog post. you have a few typos" i swear i was up like a shot, typos are something i don't do. turns out we were both wrong - i did have a typo, but retconned is totally a word: past tense of retcon. ain't my fault my lady ain't nerdy enough for my star trek blog
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 878   Go Up