Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349496 times)

0 Members and 161 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10740 on: November 22, 2011, 09:09:19 pm »

I am having a pretty fun time with the Twitter, even if I am maybe not using it correctly.

I am @Cecconi140 on there if you're into it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10741 on: November 22, 2011, 10:25:43 pm »

Does it involve a lot of puns?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10742 on: November 22, 2011, 10:34:45 pm »

Does it involve a lot of puns?

How could it not?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10743 on: November 23, 2011, 03:07:47 am »

Quote from: Star Treg TNG: Season 8
Worf claims allergies are dishonorable, refuses to stop eating peanuts.
.
.
Wesley's "practice date" with Data gets weird.
Full of win, as the kids say.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10744 on: November 23, 2011, 06:48:08 pm »

The guy in the cube next to me is on a conference call, on his speaker-phone. (Yay.) On that call, they just called on someone named Bob Evans. Cue the sausage jokes!

I also have an interview set up with a Dave Thomas. Hopefully he is not the Wendy's guy come back from the dead.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10745 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:04 pm »

The guy in the cube next to me is on a conference call, on his speaker-phone. (Yay.) On that call, they just called on someone named Bob Evans. Cue the sausage jokes!

I also have an interview set up with a Dave Thomas. Hopefully he is not the Wendy's guy come back from the dead.

If you're lucky, it'll be the guy from Strange Brew/Arrested Development/SCTV.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10746 on: November 27, 2011, 09:30:59 pm »

...make a pie crust with 100% pure lard.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10747 on: November 27, 2011, 09:43:49 pm »

Back in knucklehead scout time we would cook typical camp stuff like stew, beans, burgers, and even cobbler. There was one kid, however, who insisted on making a flan using pure lard every time. He was fired from the local grocer for health safety violations. Basically this guy is a career criminal against food.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10748 on: November 27, 2011, 10:37:45 pm »

Ugh, I don't even know where you would put lard in a flan. Shouldn't it basically be milk, sugar and eggs?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10749 on: November 27, 2011, 11:11:08 pm »

Back in knucklehead scout time we would cook typical camp stuff like stew, beans, burgers, and even cobbler. There was one kid, however, who insisted on making a flan using pure lard every time. He was fired from the local grocer for health safety violations. Basically this guy is a career criminal against food.

That seems like pretty aberrant scout behavior.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10750 on: November 27, 2011, 11:39:40 pm »

...make a pie crust with 100% pure lard.

i would like to try that.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10751 on: November 27, 2011, 11:50:39 pm »

I am glad I finally got to try it, but I definitely want to try a mix of lard and butter. I am now convinced by the arguments that that would be a better flavor. Also, it is true that this crust is as flaky as all get-out, as a result of which I have decided that there is such a thing as too flaky. I mean, this is like ethereal, and I would actually prefer a bit more substance.

But definitely after all these years of just reading about it I am glad I now live in a world where I can easily get my hands on some reliable lard to give this a try. The supermarket kind seems like scary stuff. This I got from the people who knew the pigs personally.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10752 on: November 28, 2011, 07:15:15 pm »

Grocery store is pulling this thing where they are cracking down on people getting to work 7 minutes late or leaving 7 minutes early. The reason this happens is that if you leave/arrive within 7 minutes of when you are supposed to it rounds to the correct time. They told me this the day I started, and it has always been the case that employees will clock out a few minutes early.

It seems to me the way to fix this is to make the time clock stop rounding by so much, but what do I know?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10753 on: November 28, 2011, 07:26:03 pm »

Tangent - I worked for Sam's Club back in the day, and they were reliable and dependable for catching you on the way from the time clock to the parking lot and saying "hey, can you just straighten this section right quick before you take off?" - so reliable that WalMart, inc got in trouble for it being an institutional policy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10754 on: November 29, 2011, 04:59:12 am »

I like kittens a lot.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 878   Go Up