Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349074 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10800 on: December 10, 2011, 02:00:15 am »

OK, this is reassuring. I felt like someone had suddenly told me "oh, you didn't know that if you want a job, you have to say the phrase "I would like a job?" How could you not know that!"

Scoping out what people are wearing in advance is EXACTLY what I will do. In the past I have shown up to every interview in dressy #####, shoes, shirt, and a tie. Always feel horrible overdressed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10801 on: December 10, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »

I had been singing on my way home.  Rockin' out to the Beatles.  I pulled up to a stop light, and at that moment the song Money came on.   For some reason, the spirit moved me to sing the end of Happiness is a Warm Gun.  

See, ANY time I see someone rockin' out in their car, it makes me smile. I don't care who it is or what kind of music. Any time someone is enjoying music that much, it is a Good Thing. So ROCK OUT with your bad self.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10802 on: December 10, 2011, 05:20:13 pm »

The head on my animatronic deer won't light up. This results in a headless ghost deer at night. Also, my town does this thing where every emergency vehicle roams around town full siren and lights with santa in a firetruck. Evidently this terrifies the elderly and cats so now they blast Jingle Bells for a couple hours.
CHRISTMAS IS RUINED.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10803 on: December 10, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »

The head on my animatronic deer won't light up. This results in a headless ghost deer at night.

I would totally buy a new deer and trade you for this one, if I had a place to plug it in.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10804 on: December 10, 2011, 07:05:05 pm »

The lights on the right half of our lawn-decorating deer don't light up anymore.  I described this as a stroke to my wife, who now delights in the idea. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10805 on: December 10, 2011, 08:10:10 pm »

what is the point of your money and success if you can't hire some sort of truck to drive around the town blasting the music/siren you prefer?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10806 on: December 10, 2011, 08:50:25 pm »

Tonight I'm gonna have something like 200 people in my house, dancing and drinking with a party theme they don't know yet. I don't know how many of them are stalking me online, so I'll wait 'til tomorrow before I reveal it to you - but there will be pictures.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10807 on: December 13, 2011, 04:53:16 pm »

guess so, i killed this thread for three days. also my liver. i'm still a little hung over. pix to be assembled this week, it was a christmas in space theme because nobody had ever seen it before and probably never will again. i wore a star trek communicator badge instead of a pocket square, and we had a guy dressed up as Data just because he wanted to.

it almost makes up for my stereo blowing up an hour in to the party.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10808 on: December 13, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »

Christmas in space? Makes me think of this:

Merry Christmas from Chiron Beta Prime.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10809 on: December 13, 2011, 06:26:51 pm »

a neighbor brought over an ipod dock that was louder than my stereo. i'm kind of rethinking the whole surround sound thing.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10810 on: December 13, 2011, 07:18:03 pm »

Makes me think of this frustrating movie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10811 on: December 13, 2011, 07:24:15 pm »

Surround Sound is wack for music.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10812 on: December 13, 2011, 07:55:23 pm »

I went to a crazy party on Sat. night.  There must have been 500 people come through the house.  They had a band set up in the garage playing rock and roll chestnuts.  When the band wasn't playing the DJ was spinning dance tracks.  They had a shot block, or booze luge as I have dubbed it.  Lots of Santas and other crazy costumes.  Everyone was getting trashed.  Several ladies danced on my onboard stripper pole.  Woah!  I left at 3 and the party was still rockin'.  Here's a few select photos.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10813 on: December 13, 2011, 08:01:13 pm »

Oh, and I forgot to add that earlier in the day I was in a parade.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10814 on: December 13, 2011, 09:11:26 pm »

Today, I figured out how to take 8" off some stirrups and still be able to put the length back on later.

I did something similar with my daughter's ##### today.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 878   Go Up