Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349958 times)

0 Members and 151 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10815 on: December 14, 2011, 12:09:44 am »

Today, my mother posted on my brother's best friend's facebook wall that she bought Puerto Rico and Carcassonne this weekend. I guess she is more into our family game nights than I thought.

Normally we just play this game, but with red 2's wild, not red aces. I also think we value some of the cards differently (I think jokers are 30 points? face cards are maybe 15?). Catan was briefly introduced but then fell out of favor.

So yeah, 5 nights of Puerto Rico coming up at the InEv household.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10816 on: December 14, 2011, 01:32:14 am »

So yeah, 5 nights of Puerto Rico coming up at the InEv household.

I read this and though, "Oh, inev's household has been given a catchy name. Well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later."

*facepalm*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10817 on: December 15, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

a selection:









the decor didn't photograph well because it was dim lights and laser splitters. you can see the paper lantern 'sun' in the corner there, and a couple spheres meant to represent planets, but trust me when i say it looked way damn cooler in person.

also whoever was taking these photos must have gotten there late, because too crowded to walk through the house for a while there, and finally it started to empty out.

more later, maybe.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10818 on: December 16, 2011, 04:42:25 pm »

Makes me think of this frustrating movie.

Man, there are sure a lot of swears in that movie.  (I love Wayne Coyne, I REALLY do... but he should stay away from movie making.  Just stick to making music, and going around being awesome.)
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10819 on: December 16, 2011, 04:58:08 pm »

Yesterday I went to the craft store and bought yarn for my Secret Santa gift. With all the copious variety I had in my stash, I still didn't have *just* the right blend for what I want to do. Isn't it always the way.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10820 on: December 23, 2011, 09:53:59 pm »

I found this video of asherdan practicing some parenting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFNZdMWcRU
::click click::
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10821 on: December 24, 2011, 02:53:32 am »

AND they have a pug.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10822 on: December 24, 2011, 03:52:35 pm »

Some people know how to live.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10823 on: December 24, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »

went to a bar where tons of people who graduated from my high school were hanging out. Out of the people who were there, literally not a single person recognized me or said hello. Weird.

Preppy black dude complimented my suspenders, preppy white dude complimented me on my "costume"(??).

The good news is, my self worth is not based on whether high school classmates recognize me. It is based on how many women want to bang me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10824 on: December 24, 2011, 07:16:36 pm »

It is based on how many women want to bang me.

at least one is pretty cool.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10825 on: December 24, 2011, 11:33:58 pm »

Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10826 on: January 02, 2012, 12:58:04 am »

Wha?  Pictures please!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10827 on: January 02, 2012, 09:36:12 am »

...shave off the mustache.

Man, I haven't had a bare upper lip for at least a decade. This will take some getting used to, unless I don't and just start regrowing.

You do this a day too late for it to be someone's secret santa?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10828 on: January 04, 2012, 10:25:51 pm »

be at my parents house.

Was supposed to be here until like Friday pm/Saturday Am, probably leaving tonight.

got here monday am.  I see them once a year.  Fuck them.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10829 on: January 05, 2012, 02:18:31 am »

Shitty deal man.  Sorry that it was a rough time for you.   Is it worth it to put yourself through this?  Or is it time for some hard decisions? Glad you're drawing the line now anyway.

It's been so many years since I last so my mom that I've lost track, maybe 5 years?  Last time I saw my dad was April 2010.  I only remember that because it was a month before I started the job I'm at now.

Every Christmas since then has been really peaceful.  I found a really good therapist this summer and worked through the roughest of the abuse i hadn't yet dealt with.  This year was the first Christmas where she didn't cross my mind or wasn't present as an angry self criticizing voice in my head.  I only thought about her days later.  I cried, because it is sad that she's not well, and unable or unwilling to be accountable for here abusive behavior.  Then I felt proud of myself for having put a stop to the abuse and happy that I'd had a really nice Christmas.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 878   Go Up