Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348065 times)

0 Members and 194 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10830 on: January 05, 2012, 04:49:13 am »

Rough times Mr. Hernandrez.  Sorry man.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10831 on: January 05, 2012, 06:39:56 am »

today, my friend who works at a place I applied to heard them talking about how they haven't started looking at any of the applicants yet. This makes me feel a lot better, as it had been 3 weeks with no word. I feel optimistic. Also: cool job.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10832 on: January 07, 2012, 12:02:33 am »

I find that product both intriguing and terrifying. I've never tried chew, but mint is one of the top 10 best flavors in the universe. Hm.

Today I'm gonna pawn off the kids on my mom and spend 4 hours organizing the kids toys and taking the old ones to the attic to make room for the Christmas loot before they get even more for their birthdays this month and next. I hope they get more stuff that goes with the sets they already have, because my system is PERFECT now and if I have to figure out how to add more boxes to it in three weeks I will probably have an aneurysm.

Probably adding lots of Legos to their lists. A kid can always use more Legos, right?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10833 on: January 07, 2012, 01:08:49 am »

Probably adding lots of Legos to their lists. A kid can always use more Legos, right?

Fuckin' A.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10834 on: January 07, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »

but mint is one of the top 10 best flavors in the universe. Hm.

If you haven't before, you should try growing it.  Super easy to grow, spreads like wildfire, comes in many interesting varieties (pineapple, chocolate...), and smells great in your garden.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10835 on: January 07, 2012, 07:22:56 pm »

If you haven't before, you should try growing it.  Super easy to grow, spreads like wildfire, comes in many interesting varieties (pineapple, chocolate...), and smells great in your garden.

Yup. I grew some this past season. It froze to death during the cold snap we apparently had while I was out of town for Christmas; if I'd been here I would have brought it inside at night. Ah, well. I dried some previously, and our spring growing season starts early.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10836 on: January 09, 2012, 02:38:02 pm »

What kind of person sends an e-mail on Saturday saying "how about a meeting first thing Monday morning?"  WTF.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10837 on: January 09, 2012, 06:42:30 pm »

Gin up a fake "out of office" reply in which you state how delighted you will be to respond to your business email during the business work week.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10838 on: January 10, 2012, 07:00:50 am »

this morning there was a cat in our apartment's entryway. Why? Does someone have a pet cat, despite it being against the rules? Did it somehow get in? Is there a cat-tunnel into our basement?

It was doing that screaming things cats do in heat. Or at least, that is what I always imagined a "cat in heat" sounds like. A cat meow-screaming.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10839 on: January 10, 2012, 07:05:57 am »

There was a problem with the phone system today at work. In order to reach one department a manager sent out an email that instructed us to "leverage" a different number than usual until instructed otherwise. He leveraged used the word "leverage" in place of "use," or I don't know..."dial," twice in that email. Is that weird? It really irritated me.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10840 on: January 10, 2012, 07:35:54 am »

Is that weird?

Not at all, man.  In fact, I think this change should be implemented into the TOUAMB filter post-haste, or indeed, forthwith.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10841 on: January 10, 2012, 07:50:06 am »

this morning there was a cat in our apartment's entryway. Why? Does someone have a pet cat, despite it being against the rules? Did it somehow get in? Is there a cat-tunnel into our basement?

It was doing that screaming things cats do in heat. Or at least, that is what I always imagined a "cat in heat" sounds like. A cat meow-screaming.

I don't know if I am right, but from working in that cat shelter I can kinda tell you it wasn't in heat?  I think cats go into heat in early spring and have babies throughout late spring/summer.  This way the cats won't be born in late February/early march when they will die.  I could definitely be wrong though.  Wombat probably knows better.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10842 on: January 10, 2012, 01:24:54 pm »

I don't know if I am right, but from working in that cat shelter I can kinda tell you it wasn't in heat?  I think cats go into heat in early spring and have babies throughout late spring/summer.  This way the cats won't be born in late February/early march when they will die.  I could definitely be wrong though.  Wombat probably knows better.

I don't know from cats,  but I would imagine if I were trapped in a strange place with random people going in and out and no opposable thumbs, I would yell a bit, too.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10843 on: January 10, 2012, 01:27:52 pm »

Also, fuck*ng hell, I fucked up my back again. Unloading some obsolete computer components Pedro was supposed to have taken to be recycled six months ago.

Joke's on him; now he has to clean the entire house in preparation for our son's playdate this weekend.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10844 on: January 10, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »

I've been told that in a lot of places, they're seeing two kitten seasons a year now, because of climate change, so it's not out of the question.  But cats also scream for other reasons, like seeing another cat where they think it doesn't belong. Maybe your building has TWO cats.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 721 722 [723] 724 725 ... 878   Go Up