Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349031 times)

0 Members and 200 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10845 on: January 10, 2012, 01:47:44 pm »

maybe the cat is just a loud, obnoxious son of a bitch.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10846 on: January 10, 2012, 02:15:12 pm »

Joke's on him; now he has to clean the entire house in preparation for our son's playdate this weekend.

And hopefully you get some good drugs?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10847 on: January 10, 2012, 02:32:37 pm »

And hopefully you get some good drugs?

That would require going to the doctor, though.

You know that thing where if your tongue itches after eating certain foods it indicates a mild allergy? I just got that feeling after eating a fried egg. (Actually, a titty egg, as Paul calls them.) I also often get it after tasting raw cookie dough. Am I allergic to eggs now? Does the itchy-tongue thing lead to more severe reactions with repeated exposure? I really do not want to have to give up eggs.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10848 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:06 pm »

If you haven't before, you should try growing it.  Super easy to grow, spreads like wildfire, comes in many interesting varieties (pineapple, chocolate...), and smells great in your garden.

This is good advice only if your neighbors are in the next county. Spreads like wildfire is no joke. Mint can't be eliminated once it starts.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10849 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:53 pm »

I just got that feeling after eating a fried egg. (Actually, a titty egg, as Paul calls them.)

I got that term from this board. I didn't invent it.  I think the original author may be Jough, but I'm not sure.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10850 on: January 10, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »

in regards to "climate change," this has been the weirdest winter I have ever seen. There have been a lot of 60 degree days. Normally around this time of year it is in the 20s. I remember days around now near zero. This is insane. It has only snowed once, and it didn't even stick.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10851 on: January 10, 2012, 06:36:02 pm »

This may have an impact on my quest to drive on a frozen lake.  I have faith that a sudden cold snap is gonna take care of that problem.  I have Tebow on the job.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10852 on: January 10, 2012, 07:43:20 pm »

It was doing that screaming things cats do in heat. Or at least, that is what I always imagined a "cat in heat" sounds like. A cat meow-screaming.

Inev thinks that the cat is hella yellin' about the sex.  Based on Ray and Showbiz, cats will do that on occasion.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10853 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:37 pm »

This is good advice only if your neighbors are in the next county. Spreads like wildfire is no joke. Mint can't be eliminated once it starts.

I always grow it in a pot, to prevent it from spreading.

in regards to "climate change," this has been the weirdest winter I have ever seen. There have been a lot of 60 degree days. Normally around this time of year it is in the 20s. I remember days around now near zero. This is insane. It has only snowed once, and it didn't even stick.

But remember, when we finally get a significant snowfall, that will totally disprove global warming. Make lots of Al Gore jokes at that time.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10854 on: January 10, 2012, 10:15:19 pm »

My roommates and I agree that this warm weather has gone beyond "nice" and into creepy territory. I keep waiting for the snow to slam us when we get complacent.

It is nice to be able to comfortably walk to my friend's house in just a sweater, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10855 on: January 11, 2012, 12:56:55 am »

I know climate change is the preferred term, or at least it seems that way, but global warming is still technically correct, right? I mean if there's an unusually cold season, the point is that there's been an trend of overall warming on earth for the past however many years. That's why it's called global warming and not local warming. Climate change could also refer to global cooling.

To be clear, this is more of a language usage question and less of a question on the reality of the phenomenon, whatever one may call it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10856 on: January 11, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »

I get that Ash is ragging on pedantic terminology, but: "climate change" became the preferred term to help account for things like outrageously large snowstorms. "Snow? But... global warming, right?" Well, on the average, yes, but it's also promoting lots more moisture in the atmosphere, which means more and bigger storms.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10857 on: January 11, 2012, 05:01:21 pm »

...I like screaming about Gore's big ass carbon sink activities while telling the rest of us to live in a hand dug cave.

"here is a list of ways for people to 'go green'.  i want you to print out 48945634536455763 copies and drop them from a low-flying plane over a few cities."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10858 on: January 11, 2012, 05:09:58 pm »

I like screaming about Gore's big ass carbon sink activities while telling the rest of us to live in a hand dug cave.

An exercise for the reader: how many people will Al Gore need to convince to live in hand dug caves to justify his current carbon footprint? Your working should acknowledge the correlation between a high carbon footprint, willingness to accept lovey huggy mother earth bullshit and exposure to 80s children's television.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10859 on: January 11, 2012, 08:55:09 pm »

I'm so glad I don't have kids who will have to scrabble a living out of the burned-out shell that used to be our planet. I won't have to defend my rapine behavior to anyone.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 722 723 [724] 725 726 ... 878   Go Up