Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348039 times)

0 Members and 189 Guests are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10860 on: January 11, 2012, 09:55:40 pm »

And you'll slap them in the eyes, right?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10861 on: January 11, 2012, 11:13:12 pm »

Well, I assumed their questions about Oingo Boingo were stupid, but maybe they asked them politely?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10862 on: January 12, 2012, 12:06:31 am »

I call it giving the little shits an impetus to develop that goddam space travel I've always wanted for.
There might be repercussions
"Let's shoot grampa Ash into a the asteroid belt retirement home."


 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10863 on: January 12, 2012, 12:24:06 am »

Very few (none) of my work conversations involving pokings and cussings. That's prolly why some random tommy fuck*ng marble mouth got such a rise out of me with those piss poor kind of interpersonal communication techniques.

Mine don't, either, but they often deserve them.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10864 on: January 12, 2012, 03:54:18 am »

almost went off on this customer today. definitely the worst I have ever had. Accused me of ignoring her, misunderstood me and thought I was accusing her of stealing, yelled at another customer who I was helping. It was like she was intentionally interpreting everything I said to make herself madder.

"Is this bag yours, ma'am?" is apparently horrible white guy racist code for "YOU'RE STEALING THIS, AREN'T YOU?"

Yikes. Luckily, my manager happened to be right there, and said "Dan, I'll handle this, go help that guy."


Also, today they announced the teams for this cool program.
Somehow no one clued me in that they were starting teams. Basically everyone I know who is at all interested in our city is on a team. No one mentioned it to me. Including my roommate.
I am probably acting like a big whiny baby about this, but it kind of stings. Literally, my roommate is on a team with 11 people. It couldn't have been 12?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 03:58:51 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10865 on: January 12, 2012, 01:30:06 pm »

There was a problem with the phone system today at work. In order to reach one department a manager sent out an email that instructed us to "leverage" a different number than usual until instructed otherwise. He leveraged used the word "leverage" in place of "use," or I don't know..."dial," twice in that email. Is that weird? It really irritated me.
It's hella lame.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10866 on: January 12, 2012, 05:03:48 pm »

almost went off on this customer today. definitely the worst I have ever had. Accused me of ignoring her, misunderstood me and thought I was accusing her of stealing, yelled at another customer who I was helping. It was like she was intentionally interpreting everything I said to make herself madder.

"Is this bag yours, ma'am?" is apparently horrible white guy racist code for "YOU'RE STEALING THIS, AREN'T YOU?"

Yikes. Luckily, my manager happened to be right there, and said "Dan, I'll handle this, go help that guy."


Also, today they announced the teams for this cool program.
Somehow no one clued me in that they were starting teams. Basically everyone I know who is at all interested in our city is on a team. No one mentioned it to me. Including my roommate.
I am probably acting like a big whiny baby about this, but it kind of stings. Literally, my roommate is on a team with 11 people. It couldn't have been 12?

I'm surprised there aren't more and larger groups from PDX.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10867 on: January 12, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »

my friend's joke:

OK, guys, here's the problem. You have 30 seconds to come up with a solution: PDX has too many hip young people. STL has too many cool, low-priced old buildings and cheap apartments. GO.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10868 on: January 12, 2012, 08:06:40 pm »

my friend's joke:

OK, guys, here's the problem. You have 30 seconds to come up with a solution: PDX has too many hip young people. STL has too many cool, low-priced old buildings and cheap apartments. GO.

My God, what have I done!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10869 on: January 12, 2012, 08:08:03 pm »

Today I'm gonna get a free pair of perscription, designer glasses.  No I'm not kidding.  I would have told  you guys, but it was an offer available only in Canada.  Anyway the frames are in the mail and on their way to me for next week.  My bf got free glasses from them last year during the same offer.  I'm only wondering who to get the frames adjusted to the best fit.  Interesting.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10871 on: January 13, 2012, 06:08:02 am »

my friend who moved to Brooklyn says there are several places there that make Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream. Why is this a thing there, and not here? There is a famous local ice cream place (or, rather, frozen custard place) that has all sorts of frozen custards with things blended in. Why not gooey butter cake?? I WANT THIS SO BADLY.

One coworker claims he has had this before. But when I asked where, he said "um, anywhere. Dairy Queen, Ben and Jerrys..." so clearly he has no idea what gooey butter cake is.

Gooey Butter Cake is mostly beloved among my friends for being awesome when you bake funny things into it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10872 on: January 13, 2012, 11:01:07 pm »

yeah, this is definitely happening. A friend has already volunteered to be the test kitchen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10873 on: January 15, 2012, 03:27:44 pm »

Today I am going to get up at 6 am.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10874 on: January 16, 2012, 08:36:14 pm »

Plus, I got to hit a dude with an axe just because I asked to.

And how often does that happen?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 723 724 [725] 726 727 ... 878   Go Up