Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348918 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10890 on: January 21, 2012, 08:08:06 pm »

Enjoy, Nabu. Hawaii is our next big trip, I'm thinking.

Sometimes you guys post things that make me realize we live in completely different worlds.

Our next big family trip is an indoor water park resort 3 hours away, and I'm probably as excited about that as a normal person would be about Hawaii.

I'm...kind of a homebody.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10891 on: January 22, 2012, 04:34:35 am »

My last five vacations have each been two or three days long, and were either to the Oregon coast or down to San Diego to watch a game (which we lost every time). Whoops, the last one was up to Seattle and I wanted a meteor to hit the stadium. Unfortunately the Seahawks won.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10892 on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »

My last five vacations have each been two or three days long, and were either to the Oregon coast or down to San Diego to watch a game (which we lost every time). Whoops, the last one was up to Seattle and I wanted a meteor to hit the stadium. Unfortunately the Seahawks won.

Up 'til 2 years ago, the only "vacations" we ever took were going to Ohio to see my family. For our anniversary this year, Pedro gave me a grand in cash that he'd been withdrawing little by little over the previous six months and squirreling away for us to take some fun, non-family vacations this year. Not a bad gift, eh?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10893 on: January 23, 2012, 05:59:53 pm »

the reply i got from Pat Toomey was more akin to, "cool story, bro.  thanks for blablabla."
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10894 on: January 23, 2012, 11:05:52 pm »

My socialist puppet representative was already against SOPA, but Boxer co-sponsored PIPA and DiFi was unmoved following the Great Internet Gnashing Of Teeth.  I pinged all of them, Rep. Stark wrote me back (as is his wont - or his staff's wont), the others didn't.  Feinstein's official page was down though (probably from a massive DDOS) and she may not have gotten the email.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10895 on: January 24, 2012, 12:28:07 am »

I forget, is Mark the older one or the younger one?

The only way Pete Stark is getting out of office is on a gurney.  I have no idea how that guy got himself so entrenched.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10896 on: January 24, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »

But you see, the year is actually 365 and one-quarter days long. For the past three years you have been paid for that one-quarter of a day without actually working it. So this just gets us square in that regard.

Sincerely,
MGMT.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10897 on: January 25, 2012, 02:57:42 am »

Sometimes when the weather gets shitty, we can't make it to or from work. So sometimes we get stuck at work for maybe a couple or three days. I get paid by the day. Some of my coworkers are salaried. Thanks for working three extra days for free, you poor bastards! Because of snow!!!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10898 on: January 25, 2012, 07:00:26 am »

I do not understand what is different between my roommates and I, where it makes me MAD that we would have to call a plumber to fix our toilet, and they don't care.

I am pretty sure I understand what is going wrong, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The internet says we need to replace the ballcock assembly.

I HAVE A $200K COLLEGE DEGREE, AND I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FIND A GOOD JOB, BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I CAN'T FIX A TOILET.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10899 on: January 25, 2012, 07:19:22 am »

I am pretty sure I understand what is going wrong, but I'm not sure how to fix it. The internet says we need to replace the ballcock assembly.

That's a five minute job.  Go get 'em tiger.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10900 on: January 25, 2012, 01:46:14 pm »

You can work out your ballcock problem on your own!

Sorry.  It had to be said.  But really, yeah, it is a five minute fix.  Super easy, not expensive at all, and worth a try.  One thing I'm confused about is: aren't you renting, and therefore isn't it your landlord's responsibility to fix the toilet?  The reason I ask is because when I had the same problem back in the day, my building maintenance person came to swap out the inner workings of the toilet and showed me how to do it, so the next time I had a similar problem (at my own house, later on) I was able to fix it easily. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10901 on: January 25, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »

Smells is right, this is not your responsibility. Do not let your landlord off the hook for this sort of thing.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10902 on: January 25, 2012, 02:33:59 pm »

But also, ballcock.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10903 on: January 25, 2012, 05:43:21 pm »

It's ballcock Wednesday everyone!  Ballcock warriors unite!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #10904 on: January 25, 2012, 06:14:00 pm »

yeah, it is absolutely my landlord's responsibility. I just want to fix something so that I feel like I can do something other than watch TV shows and ring up groceries. I will definitely at least request that they pay for the new part.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 878   Go Up